Official Says Prince Died Of Opioid OverdoseTests show that Prince died of an opioid overdose, a law-enforcement official told The Associated Press on Thursday.
Family Sues South Holland Nursing Home Over Fatal Morphine OverdoseThe family of an elderly woman who died of an overdose of morphine last year has filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the nursing home where she lived.
Beach Park Father, Son Dumped Overdose Victim: Lake County SheriffRather than call for help, a father and son from north suburban Beach Park allowed a Schaumburg man to overdose on illegal drugs and then abandoned the victim in his car a block from their residence, Lake County police say.
One Of Three Patient Deaths Tied To Holland Home Ruled As Natural CausesThe Cook County Medical Examiner’s office said it has determined 98-year-old Leon Krynicki died primarily due to heart problems. His hospitalization on Feb. 3 might have been due to over-medication, but the medical examiner’s office said the medication did not contribute to his death about one month later.
Source: Assisted Living Facility Tied To Three Deaths Might Have Been UnderstaffedThree employees of a South Holland assisted living facility have been removed from their jobs, after an elderly woman died from an overdose of pain medication. Two other residents who were hospitalized the same day also have died, and understaffing might have been an issue.
Toddler Dies Of Methadone OD, Mom ChargedA South Shore mother has been criminally charged after authorities ruled her 22-month old daughter died of methadone poisoning while left with the woman’s bedridden husband for more than 14 hours, the Sun-Times is reporting.
Boogaard Family Sues NHL For Son's DeathThe family of a National Hockey League player who died of an accidental overdose of pain medication and alcohol has filed a wrongful-death lawsuit against the NHL, blaming it for brain damage he suffered as an enforcer and for his addiction to prescription painkillers.
Unusually Strong, Dangerous Heroin Reported By ER DoctorsCBS 2’s Dana Kozlov reports there may be a new kind of heroin on the streets – one that’s even more dangerous.
Hospital Agrees To Pay $8.25M In Baby's Death From OverdoseA northwest suburban hospital has made a record settlement in a malpractice lawsuit in the death of a newborn.
Mislabeled Prescription Almost Resulted In Overdose For Elgin ChildIf you have a sick child, you expect the prescription medicine to have the proper directions about how much medication to give, right? An Elgin mother recently began to give her sick daughter her medicine, and then discovered a mistake that could have caused her to give her child an overdose.
Sources: Pit Bull Bit Man's Neck After He Collapsed, DiedAuthorities are investigating the death of a 25-year-old Lakeview neighborhood, who was apparently bitten by his dog after he collapsed and died.