But what if the front office shake-up had happened a year or two earlier? What if Rick Hahn, who Guillen always got along with, had become GM sooner than he did? Is there a chance Guillen would still be the manager of the White Sox?
The White Sox supposedly have a progressive statistical GM with a manager willing to embrace a numbers-driven era. An organization with those in charge on the same page. The manager is willing, right?
Those looking for White Sox general manager Kenny Williams to take a cheap shot at Ozzie Guillen in the wake of his firing from the Marlins should keep looking.
In Chicago sports montages for years and years to come, we will likely see, at some point, the face of Ozzie Guillen along with Michael Jordan, Walter Payton, Ernie Banks, Patrick Kane, and Mike Ditka.
Ozzie Guillen is in hot water in Miami and his job could be in jeopardy.
Robin Ventura was a surprise pick for manager when White Sox GM Kenny Williams picked him to replace Ozzie Guillen last October, but Williams says he knew Ventura would be a good manager “about 17 years ago.”
The White Sox on Wednesday released their schedule for the 2013 season.
Marlins skipper Ozzie Guillen has returned to Twitter – and just like that, he’s already annoying the entire Twitterverse.
The White Sox are no longer a cute little story, and that’s a good thing.
This week’s Crap of the Week goes out to former White Sox skipper Ozzie Guillen.
It’s safe to say Ozzie Guillen was ready to go Pittsburgh after his Chicago homecoming was spoiled by the Cubs beating Mark Buehrle and Marlins 4-2 Thursday to win the three-game series.
On the 12th anniversary of his first major league start, Buehrle changed speeds, kept Cubs hitters off balance, scattered a few hits, but faced the minimum for four innings.
Paul Maholm pitched eight innings, Alfonso Soriano homered and the Cubs beat the Miami Marlins 4-2 Thursday, ruining Mark Buehrle’s return to Chicago.
No smashing. No yelling. No cursing in Spanglish. No kidnapping a comely blonde bleacher bummette and climbing to the top of the manual scoreboard as military and police aircraft fire upon him.
Carlos Lee hit a grand slam and the Florida Marlins beat the Cubs 9-5 on Tuesday night, giving Ozzie Guillen a win in his first game back managing in Chicago.
It was the Ozzie Guillen, Carlos Zambrano, and Mark Buehrle show before the Cubs/Marlins game tonight at Wrigley Field, and the sweaty-hot, filled to capacity Marlin dugout wasn’t my assignment.
Days before the Marlins headed to Chicago for a three-game series against the Cubs, Guillen told the Sun-Times he felt backstabbed by certain members of the Chicago media. On Tuesday, he explained those feelings.
After three months of relative silence, all it took was an impending series against the Cubs to transform Ozzie back into the Mouth of South Beach.
Clearly — based on what we have seen from both parties since last fall — the White Sox went in the right direction.
Ozzie Guillen may be gone as the manager of the White Sox, but the outspoken skipper still holds some Chicago-based grudges.
- Employee At Dunbar High Suspended After Pushing Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.314
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- Census Data: Chicago Slowest Growing Big City In U.S.Chicago gained nearly 10,000 people from July 2011 to July 2012, but was the slowest-growing major city in the country according to U.S. Census Bureau estimates released Thursday.130
- Bodies Of 2 Men Found In Car In West EnglewoodTwo bodies were found inside a car on the South Side and one of the victims worked for Cook County Circuit Court Clerk Dorothy Brown.218
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!