Collins and Northwestern may be an ideal fit. It will certainly look and sound that way while it’s still all about appearances.
Ousted UCLA basketball coach Ben Howland, who was fired two days after the Bruins were eliminated from this year’s NCAA tournament, held a press conference Monday afternoon.
Jim Larranaga’s team has had a banner season, but they’ll likely have to beat Duke for a second time this season — this time with Ryan Kelly — to reinforce their potential to go deep in the NCAA Tournament.
College football seems to just keep getting bigger.
The Big Ten and Pac-12 have scrapped plans to schedule games against each other in all sports, with Pac-12 officials saying there were too many complications with football schedules to pull it off.
Pardon me while I laugh. I’m sorry. It’s a reflexive reaction I have when too many people around me are making their serious faces and speaking in grim tones. I’ll understand when you kick me out of class.
Unless there is a major surprise looming, the latest round of conference realignment will only produce a handful of changes. The 16-team superconference is again on hold.
The Big 12 is crumbling. Big East powers are fleeing to the ACC. And practically every American outside the 305 area code (that’s Miami) carries a personal vendetta against LeBron James. And for all of it, I put the blame on ESPN.
Last week, Big Ten Commissioner Jim Delaney said that conference officials discussed the possibility of paying their student-athletes.
The NCAA is hypocritical. It’s frustrating. And it’s fraught more inconsistencies than Alfonso Soriano’s swing. Or Carlos Zambrano’s head. But the NCAA isn’t dumb.
An NFL owner recently guaranteed that there would be a 2011 season, but if for some reason that doesn’t happen, there could still be football on Sundays.
NEW YORK — For years people in the Pac-10 — from players to fans — have complained about a lack of recognition and a so-called East Coast bias that caused the conference to be under-appreciated […]
- 3 Dead, 8 Hurt In Shootings Since Friday NightThe most recent fatal shooting happened about 1:50 a.m. Saturday in the Hyde Park community, roughly half a mile from President Barack Obama’s home in neighboring Kenwood.108
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!