A village snow plow crashed into a Pace bus, causing the vehicles to land in a yard of a home in north suburban Glenview Friday morning.
Pace is coming to the rescue of a number of CTA bus passengers who are about to lose their ride.
Better late than never. Pace soon will begin catching up with the CTA and Metra in delivering real-time arrival information to its bus stops.
It has been four months since Pace buses began roaring up and down the shoulders of Interstate 55, and the program is proving so successful that Pace is adding buses and extending one of the lines.
Twenty-four people were hospitalized after a Pace bus crashed into a building on Tuesday.
Effective today, the shoulders on the Stevenson Expressway are open to Pace buses.
Twenty-three people were taken to area hospitals Tuesday afternoon after a Pace bus crashed in the Austin neighborhood.
Pace express buses will begin riding the shoulders of the Stevenson Expressway this fall, in an attempt to speed up schedules.
Bond has been set at $100,000 for a former Pace bus driver who, after befriending a passenger who suffered from a disabling brain injury, allegedly raped her at her Northwest Side home last fall.
Soon, like it or not, you will hear a lot more than bus stop announcements coming from the loudspeakers aboard some Pace buses.
The Seniors Ride Free program is only one of a number of financial issues facing the debt-ridden Regional Transportation Authority.
It’s one of Pace’s most heavily-traveled bus routes.
$183 million spending plan holds line on bus service, fares.
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4639
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!