More shoulder-riding Pace buses begin to roam I-55 beginning Monday. WBBM’s Bob Roberts says an even bigger expansion may be in the works.
One of the hassles of riding the bus is the dash to get to the corner, several blocks away, to catch it.
The crash involved a van or minibus that crashed into a tree.
A Pace bus traveling south swerved to avoid a pedestrian and crashed into a light pole in the 4600 block of South Halsted Street.
Money Network, one of the company’s behind the new Ventra transit and debit card, currently has an F rating with the Better Business Bureau. CBS 2′s Dorothy Tucker reports.
More Pace buses will be riding the shoulders of I-55 by next summer — and could possibly be taking riders between the Loop and southwest suburbs middays, and on specials to White Sox and Bears games.
The new fare payment system starts next summer. You’ll be able to pay with special Ventra cards or even use your own credit or debit cards that are equipped with special chips, so you can tap the cards to pay for a fare.
Better late than never. Pace soon will begin catching up with the CTA and Metra in delivering real-time arrival information to its bus stops.
Metra, the CTA and Pace have never had a fully compatible ticketing system, but technology may make it possible in time to meet a 2015 legislative mandate.
Pace has officially wedded itself to the Chicago Transit Authority’s effort to allow riders to pay their fares using credit and debit cards, and eventually using smart phones.
When Regional Transportation Authority Chairman John Gates wrote last week urging the Chicago Transit Authority, Metra and Pace to work more closely together, he wasn’t anticipating the collaboration that resulted.
The chairman of the Regional Transportation Authority is floating a proposal he says could save taxpayers as much as $150 million a year.
A House-Senate conference committee begins meetings next week on Capitol Hill to try to craft a new federal highway and mass transit program. On Wednesday, U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin came to Union Station in Chicago to collect ammunition for the Senate package.
The victim, believed to be in his 60s, had both of his legs run over by the bus near Oak Park, an emergency official said.
When Metra fares increase Feb. 1, so will the price of the Link-Up Pass many Metra monthly ticketholders use to ride the CTA and Pace.
In one week, Pace buses will begin using the newly-widened shoulders of the Stevenson Expressway.
Some extra drivers got on the Stevenson Expressway Monday morning, but their purpose is to help relieve congestion instead of adding to traffic troubles.
Football fans attending Sunday’s Bears game against the Carolina Panthers have plenty of ways to get to the game — including CTA, Metra, Pace and numerous parking lot options. The Bears host the Panthers at noon at Soldier Field.
Football fans attending Sunday’s Bears game against the Green Bay Packers have plenty of ways to get to the game — including CTA, Metra, Pace and numerous parking lot options. The Bears host the Packers at 3:15 p.m. at Soldier Field.
The CTA and Metra may be contemplating fare hikes and service cuts, but not Pace. Not only does the suburban bus agency hold the in its $194.5 million 2012 preliminary budget, unveiled Wednesday — it adds service.
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.6566
- Man Dies After His Head Is Impaled On Fence During FightA man was murdered Sunday night by someone who struck him in the head, causing him to become impaled on a wrought iron fence in the South Side Burnside neighborhood.3601
- Indiana Woman Who Received Death Sentence At 16 Released From PrisonThe first taste of freedom in 27 years, that's what a 43-year-old woman from Gary, Indiana is enjoying tonight, after going to prison for murder. Roseanne Tellez reports, she has an unlikely supporter as she starts her new life: her victim's grandson.263
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Sonata Hybrid Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!