Let’s all stop the stupidity over Brian Urlacher needing to keep some kind of pristine connection to the Bears, as if the mere sight of him limping around the field in any other colors is somehow unthinkable.
Fixing the Pro Bowl voting system isn’t easy. But the league needs to straighten this out and start picking players who deserve it.
Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers showed how dangerous they can be when they’re at full strength Saturday night, overwhelming the Minnesota Vikings 24-10 in an NFC wild-card game that was never really close.
Despite those holding out for an inspired, season-saving turn at home against their overly-professed enemy, we got a wholly recognizable, ordinary performance and an entirely probable outcome.
By Dan Bernstein CBSChicago.com Senior Columnist (CBS) When you win, it’s cute to be a jerk. It also helps when your performance on the field cashes the checks written by another bout of childish behavior, […]
Want to know what a company looks like when it fires all its experienced workers and hires on cheap replacements? Watch last night’s embarrassment of a game between Green Bay and Seattle. But this is about more than just a game. This is about a trend in our national economy where trained professionals are cast aside for inferior workers.
If that was the “get well” game many expected for the Bears, we can conclude that the patient is still in need of observation.
The Green Bay Packers rattled and robbed Jay Cutler and backup tight end Tom Crabtree scored on a fake field goal in the second quarter of a 23-10 victory over the Chicago Bears at Lambeau Field on Thursday night.
I’ve had enough of this whole Mike Martz thing.
A 41-21 opening win is in the books, and nothing happened to derail the story going in — that Cutler with new weapons and new coaches could carry an aging defense to great places.
Curious about the way that people in different parts of the country stereotype one another, venture capitalist and blogger Renee DiResta recently conducted an informal survey using Google’s quirky autocomplete function.
Why in God’s name would any team want Tim Tebow? And yes, I did that on purpose.
With last week’s rambling, incoherent press conference at Halas Hall providing the perfect symbolic catalyst for his efforts, team president Ted Phillips apparently decided to race back to his office and play Angry Birds.
It turns out some fans got a little out of hand during the Christmas Day Bears-Packers game.
This one was a must-must, a necessary condition for continuing one’s emotional investment in a severely flawed Bears team, even if one may know better.
The reasons for the Bears’ inefficiencies are many, and shared. But, really. Somebody get open.
It’s not just Illinois state workers who claim Gov. Pat Quinn isn’t following through on a deal. Wisconsin is still waiting on Quinn to honor the bet he lost when the Chicago Bears fell to the Green Bay Packers in the NFC championship game months ago.
NFL players have a lot of extra time on their hands due to the current work stoppage resulting from the lockout. The Green Bay Packers’ Aaron Rodgers is making interesting use of his extra time.
U.S. Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) has gained nationwide attention for his ultraconservative budget plan, but now, he’s also gaining attention among Bears fans for taking some shots at Jay Cutler.
Former Packers, Jets and Vikings quarterback Brett Favre says he could return to football as a coach or a television analyst, although he has no plans to enter either field anytime soon.
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- RT @Millennium_Park: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole … 4 hours ago
- RT @ChicagoDCASE: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole htt… 4 hours ago