She’s the Cook County Treasurer – the woman responsible for collecting property taxes, but now the Better Government Association has found the county did not collect thousands of dollars it should have gotten from Maria Pappas and her husband years ago.
Six months — that’s how long police in Schaumburg have been going by a woman’s home, to make sure their own chief isn’t harassing her.
CBS 2’s Pam Zekman has an exclusive interview with the woman who says she now fears for her safety.
Getting into a cab is supposed to be a convenience, but in some cases using a credit or debit card to pay for that cab can end with hundreds of dollars in overcharges.
Kill someone with your car, and get a real punishment — that’s the idea behind new proposed legislation in Illinois that could take court supervision off the table in crashes that result in fatalities.
CBS 2′s Pam Zekman looks into the case of a CTA train operator who was seen texting while running a moving train.
CBS 2′s Pam Zekman and the Better Government Association investigate.
The family of a woman killed in a 2011 traffic accident is angry that the driver who caused the wreck got off relatively easy, even though he allegedly was using his phone at the time. CBS 2′s Pam Zekman reports.
CBS 2 checked out eight food carts in Chicago and found potential health dangers that could make customers sick. Pam Zekman reports.
One of the country’s largest gold buyers has shut down, and is now under investigation by state and federal agencies.
Rev. Jeannie Walton told CBS 2’s Pam Zekman about a harrowing bus ride she took with a Megabus trainee who was driving while distracted.
There are growing concerns about nail damage caused by “no-chip” manicures, especially if technicians don’t follow the manufacturer’s instructions. CBS 2′s Pam Zekman reports.
A dozen principals and assistant principals have been removed for allegedly scheming to obtain free or reduced-price school lunches for their own children.
When an elderly woman was struck by a cab and laid in the middle of a North Side street, she unwittingly became an example of a system that allows cab drivers with bad driving records to remain on the streets of Chicago.
The 2 Investigators went undercover to buy fireworks from Chicago stores. Pam Zekman reports.
The Better Government Association is trying to determine if Patrick Zaruba, son of the DuPage County sheriff, had access to a police database. CBS 2′s Pam Zekman reports.
Are you counting on using all those airline miles you’ve racked up on credit cards to keep down the cost of a vacation? Maybe not. CBS 2 Investigator Pam Zekman reports on what experts say is the latest twist in identity theft scams – thieves who’ve found ways to steal your miles.
With about 1,400 vacancies, the Chicago Police Department has a critical shortage of officers. Perhaps that’s one reason why police sources are upset with police brass assigning a cop to patrol a privately-owned downtown building.
It could endanger people and cost taxpayers plenty. The DuPage County Sheriff’s son regularly goes on ride alongs with officers; he’s not a cop, but sometimes he acts like one.
Eleven bodies that had been stockpiled at a suburban cemetery were put to rest Saturday under the supervision of the Cook County Sheriff’s Department. CBS 2′s Pam Zekman reports.
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- RT @Millennium_Park: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole … 6 hours ago
- RT @ChicagoDCASE: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole htt… 6 hours ago