Gregory Cook has eight prior convictions for burglary and is a self-admitted Hell Bound Biker Club gang member, police say.
Police say someone on the phone with a bank teller called police when the teller suddenly dropped the phone just before 11 a.m. Shortly after police arrived, the gunman opened fire.
Experts were predicting a longer and stronger flu season this year.
Pearl was left struggling with her head pinched in the jaws of an animal trap on Saturday. Police said Pearl’s death was no accident.
Two families led by gay couples were optimistic it would finally mean the legalization of gay marriage nationwide.
A 14-year-old Chicago girl who was one of several people wounded over the weekend is telling her story. CBS 2’s Pamela Jones reports.
Maine West soccer team members and other students whom Michael Divincenzo taught know him as “Divo.” He has his supporters in some former pupils, CBS 2′s Pamela Jones reports.
One mother is angry at Divincenzo and has joined several families filing lawsuits against Maine Township High School District 207 because of a series of alleged attacks coaches knew about dating back to 2007.
A retired Steger fire captain died early Monday after being struck by a vehicle in south suburban Crete.
Anthony Kuber was just trying to surrender to robbers, but he took five gunshots instead.
For much of the nation, Tuesday’s election was just another election, but for residents of the South Side, it was neighborhood news.
CBS 2’s Pamela Jones reports neighbors are asking why it takes so long to get derelict properties cleaned up.
CBS 2’s Pamela Jones reports on the 30-year-old woman’s disappearance and her family’s frantic search.
With only seconds to react, a 14-year-old girl’s quick thinking helped her and her brother escape from harm. CBS 2′s Pamela Jones reports.
A local Iraq War veteran has been trying to clear his name, after he was accused of attacking a family member.
Gas prices have been falling, but not quick enough or far enough for a lot of people to feel it – especially those who drive to work every day. One local company actually picked up and moved from the suburbs to the city, to help its workers burn less gas.
A beloved pet was nearly killed in the 2000 block of Stonebridge Court in Wheaton. CBS 2’s Pamela Jones spoke to the woman who saved the dog’s life.
A case of online dating has turned into a massive sex assault investigation.
There’s growing concern on the Chicago Lakefront Trail, over a man who, runners say, has been punching women along the path.
The spray has been used for decades, but officials want families and their pets to limit their exposure to it, CBS 2’s Pamela Jones reports.
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Three Stabbed On Northwest SideThree teenagers were stabbed in the Belmont Cragin area Thursday night on the Northwest Side.142
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!