As the bagpipes, marching bands and fire trucks rolled down Western Avenue, the biggest crowds were near the start of the route at 103rd and Western.
Inebriated “idiots” once accused of “hijacking” the South Side Irish Parade would pay a heavy price if they dare to do it again, under a crackdown advanced Thursday by a City Council committee.
Saturday night, there were e a lot of smiles and excitement as Magnificent Mile lit up.
Servicemen and women joined community leaders on the South Side on Monday for the city’s annual Veterans Day parade. CBS 2′s Jim Williams talked to a retired vet that has continued to serve.
The 4th of July isn’t just any holiday for a man named Ron Raidy. It’s anniversary of the day he died and was brought back to life.
Americans should want to celebrate the 4th of July and at least give some sign of wanting the celebrations that have been cut from municipalities’ budgets.
Wednesday’s heat and humidity didn’t stop the 4th of July parade in Hoffman Estates, where four towns were coming together to celebrate the nation’s birthday.
July 1 can only mean one thing on busy Central Street in Evanston — it’s time to bring out the lawn chairs, duct tape, blankets and beach towels.
While the drought has forced some suburbs to cancel fireworks this year, Sunday’s storms have halted the parade and the fireworks in Wheaton.
BBQ, fireworks, white pants and a new bottle of sunscreen. All signs Memorial Day weekend and summer have arrived. Here’s a list of 5 free things to do this weekend in celebration of Memorial Day. That’s right, free. You have no excuse to not come out of winter/NATO hibernation.
Northwest suburban Rolling Meadows is trying to put together a 4th of July parade — on the cheap.
A public feud among Greektown organizers over allegations of missing money has sponsors backing off from the community’s biggest event of the year.
Think you know everything there is to do on Saint Patrick’s Day in Chicago? Think again! Don’t worry, we’ll give you all the info you need and more…
Crawl out of your hole (preferably dressed) and hit the town! March is comin’ up and there are things to do. Cool things to do. So get out there and do them. Here are the best events for March, you’re welcome.
What would the holidays be without traditional, extravagant light displays and winter festivals? In addition to exploring the lights in your neighborhood, create wonderful family memories by venturing out to these long-time favorites.
Thanksgiving weekend in Chicago has more to offer than turkey and fixings. Just say no to the craziness that is Black Friday shopping and try something new this long weekend. Usher in the holiday season by taking part in these fun and festive Thanksgiving happenings.
¡Viva México! It’s time again to celebrate Hidalgo y Costilla’s cry for independence, which allowed him to single-handedly start the Mexican War for Independence just over two hundred years ago. What does this mean to you? Great historical stories, amazing Mexican food right here in Chicago, and a great parade…
Labor Day is a day to honor the American worker, but at a time when the national unemployment rate is over 9 percent, this year’s holiday has a bit of a different feel.
His lifeless body fell to the ground during a Fourth of July parade. Doctors say he was dead, but on Tuesday the Bartlett resident was breathing and talking about what happened.
Chicagoans were celebrating Independence Day on a bit more modest scale on Monday. It’s a day for family, fireworks, and fun; and for many, that means heading out for a parade.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.389
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!