Paramedics were called to McCormick Place after receiving a report that more than a dozen revelers at President Barack Obama’s election night gathering were overcome by heat-related illnesses.
WBBM Newsradio has learned the licenses of two paramedics in Chicago have been suspended because they are accused of failing to treat a patient.
Abuse of disability benefits by Chicago Police officers hit the headlines over the weekend, and now, a published report says the firefighters have run up a big tab for the city too.
Illinois firefighters and paramedics may soon know how to better help autistic people during emergencies.
The City Council Finance Committee is expected to approve a $1.75 million settlement to compensate the family of a 13-year-old girl who died after a series of alleged mistakes by Chicago Fire Department paramedics.
The Illinois Department of Transportation is starting a new program to help paramedics who respond to car accidents to act more quickly – and more intelligently.
Chicago firefighters and paramedics have agreed to join a wellness program for city workers that could have an impact on their next contract.
Not since the blizzard in February has the Chicago Fire Department called so many extra paramedic crews into service.
Paramedics found Brian Banks passed out and apparently drunk in his car, with his feet sticking out of the open back door, in the northeast corner of the Lakeview neighborhood Tuesday night.
The Chicago Fire Department says its paramedics will be using potentially defective glucose-testing strips for at least a few more days.
Chicago Fire Department paramedics who have been told to keep using glucose testing strips recalled by the manufacturer won’t be getting replacements until the end of the week – at the earliest.
Inaccurate glucose testing strips could potentially cause problems for Chicago paramedics and the patients they treat, WBBM Newsradio 780 has learned.
By a nearly 8-to-1 margin, Chicago firefighters and paramedics voted Wednesday to ratify a new contract that gives them a 10 percent pay raise over five years in exchange for manpower changes that will help the city reduce overtime costs.
Chicago firefighters and paramedics would get a 10 percent pay raise over five years and give the city its most flexibility ever to reduce manpower and cut overtime costs under a tentative contract up for a ratification vote.
She survived the unthinkable when she was impaled by a tree. On Tuesday, the suburban woman is out of the hospital and thanking the paramedics who helped save her life. CBS 2’s Vince Gerasole reports.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!