Park Ridge police were asking for the public’s health in a fraud investigation against a man they said has been using a fake identity to fleece people in at least four states.
Wayne Weinke Jr. admits he called his elderly, cancer stricken mother a “f—— b—-” during a heating argument over the family’s assets. But despite the friction, Wayne Weinke remains adamant that he did not throw his mother over a railing, leading to injuries that contributed to her death seven years ago.
Police in northwest suburban Park Ridge said a school bus was involved in five separate crashes Tuesday afternoon, including one that sent a car into a house.
Aydan Alvarado was born at 12:08 a.m. at Saint Anthony Hospital. He weighs 7 pounds, 3 ounces.
A woman being investigated for allegedly neglecting dozens of animals in a house in McHenry County was involved in a similar situation nearly two years ago.
A water main break Wednesday morning snagged Northwest Highway in Park Ridge.
Anthony M. Nugent, 37, of Park Ridge, faces a felony count of aggravated battery after the attack at 5 p.m. Wednesday.
While some suburbs have canceled or postponed their fireworks shows on July 3 or July 4 due to the hot and dry conditions, many suburbs are deciding to go on with the show, while taking extra precautions to avoid setting fires.
A Park Ridge police lieutenant who’s been on administrative leave since 2010 while awaiting trial for allegedly beating two teenagers will soon be back patrolling the streets after a Cook County judge on Wednesday dismissed his case.
A Chicago man has been charged with murder for allegedly strangling a Park Ridge man in a dispute over drug money.
Park Ridge police are investigating what they’re calling the “suspicious” death of a man whose body was found early Thursday in the 200 block of Summit Avenue near a Metra parking area.
A police officer in Park Ridge was acting within law enforcement guidelines when he beat a suspect who grabbed him and wouldn’t let go.
A woman is suing a northwest suburban hospital after an employee allegedly raped her while she was patient there in the summer of 2010.
If you stub your toe or get into a heated cell phone conversation on the streets of Park Ridge, you are now free to use whatever language you want to express your frustration.
The police department in Park Ridge is trying to straighten out its record with Google.
Park Ridge officials want the Illinois Department of Transportation to remove the honorary “Jim Hendry Way” sign on Northwest Highway.
Southbound Cumberland Avenue in Park Ridge was blocked as the morning rush began Monday morning, following a water main break.
About 170,000 customers still remained without power Wednesday afternoon following the storms earlier in the week.
Metra trains on the Union Pacific / Northwest Line are moving again after a person was found near the tracks in northwest suburban Park Ridge.
Seven people are injured after a three-car crash in Park Ridge overnight, which followed a chase that went on for several miles.
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.189
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!