Pieces of the World Trade Center are being shipped to fire departments, municipalities and various organizations around the world through the Sept. 11th Families’ Association and the New York and New Jersey Port Authority.
Park Ridge’s Pickwick Theatre holds local and national designation as a historic building, but some very modern upgrades could be on the way.
Long designated as a Tree City USA, north suburban Park Ridge is about to lose some of its greenery due to an invasion by the infamous emerald ash borer.
The New Regal Theater on 79th Street and the Prentice Women’s Hospital in Streeterville have made the list for this year’s 10 most endangered historic places.
Advocate Lutheran General Hospital has been hit with a lawsuit after a premature infant was allegedly given more than 60 times the amount of sodium as prescribed by the doctor.
Two visitors from France apparently didn’t realize that that the more than 400 gift cards they allegedly stole from a Park Ridge grocery needed to be activated to be worth anything.
The City of Park Ridge is taking legal steps to get the manager of a strip mall to remove some storefront signs that are raising eyebrows.
A police misconduct lawsuit in Park Ridge has been dismissed, less than two months after it was filed.
Fingerprints left at two crime scenes in northwest suburban Park Ridge led to the arrest of a south suburban man who has allegedly admitted to committing at least 75 burglaries in the Chicago suburbs.
A dropped cell phone was blamed for a crash involving three parked vehicles along a street in the north suburbs.
Students at northwest suburban high school were sent home early Wednesday due to flooding in a portion of the building.
Some Park Ridge residents who want to preserve their city’s art history say an anonymous donor is helping their effort.
Two middle school students have been charged with harassment in an alleged case of cyberbullying against a female classmate.
A 17-year-old Park Ridge girl was arrested for allegedly bringing brownies laced with marijuana into Maine South High School.
A north suburban police chief is waiting for the Cook County State’s Attorney’s office to conclude a criminal investigation of alleged misconduct before determining whether an internal investigation is in order.
Maine South High School in Park Ridge faces possible sanctions, over counterfeit sideline passes after its football team won its third consecutive state championship this weekend.
Jason Leavitt is a Park Ridge police lieutenant. He’s been a cop there for 16 years. But on Monday, Leavitt stood before a judge, charged with beating two teenagers four years ago. CBS 2′s Dana Kozlov reports.
A Park Ridge police lieutenant has been indicted on multiple charges of battery and official misconduct for allegedly beating two teenagers who damaged his personal car four years ago.
A 14-year-old girl told Park Ridge police that she was followed briefly by a vehicle after getting off a bus Wednesday afternoon.
A horde of animals is removed from a Park Ridge condo after neighbors complained of a foul smell.
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Powerball Jackpot At $600 Million: Most Common NumbersThe Powerball jackpot was increased Friday to $600 million, making it the largest Powerball jackpot ever.781
- Police Believe Alleged Con Man Had Scores Of Victims In 4 StatesPark Ridge police were asking for the public’s health in a fraud investigation against a man they said has been using a fake identity to fleece people in at least four states.148
- Family Helping Fund Research For Rare Disease That Struck Son, DaughterThey start out growing up like any other child, until a seizure strikes. It's the first sign of a deadly, rare brain disease that robs children of their abilities before taking their lives. This weekend, you can help a Downers Grove family try to find a cure for Batten Disease.226
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!