A woman from the Lakeview neighborhood has about had it with the parking meter attendants who keep leaving $75 tickets on her legally parked scooter.
The city of Evanston is waiving late fees on overdue parking tickets for a limited time only. After that, city officials intend to get tough.
A woman who’s fighting City Hall over a whopping parking ticket bill, has lost a round in court.
An Illinois state senator wants to allow the city of Chicago to boot and sell cars belonging to people who owe the city money on a court judgment.
An unemployed, single mother says she’s trapped in a parking ticket nightmare so now, she’s suing.
The city of Chicago has been going after state employees who owe money for unpaid parking tickets by taking money out of their paychecks, but one such employee said when the city got what it was owed from her, the state kept docking her paycheck.
Drivers who have unpaid parking tickets in Chicago have to worry about more than just having their state income tax refunds seized to pay off their debts; the city is also taking money out of some seniors’ pension checks.
Chicago taxpayers are starting to get the bad news: no state income tax refund for you. As CBS 2’s Kristyn Hartman reports, thousands could see their refunds disappear, because of unpaid city fines.
The head of a conservative think tank calls the plan to intercept ticket scofflaws’ tax refunds a desperate money grab by the city.
City revenue collectors can now take your state income tax refund if you aren’t paying your parking tickets, now that the City Council has approved the plan.
The City of Chicago is targeting state tax returns to recoup some of the millions of dollars in unpaid parking and red-light camera tickets.
A young musician from Lakeview who has lived in the city only a few months has already racked up an avalanche of tickets and he says he has the city is being unfair and has led him astray. The city says the man is “brazenly” disregarding Chicago’s parking regulations and deserves the tickets he’s received.
If you live in Rolling Meadows, Police are warning you – the boot is coming.
A suburban man who has received a steady stream of Chicago parking tickets says he feels vindicated now that the Police Department is acknowledging they were bogus.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel is cracking down on city workers who haven’t paid their old parking tickets and other debts.
A west suburban man has filed suit against the City of Chicago because he was sent parking ticket notices when he hadn’t even been in the city.
If your car is still buried in snow in Chicago, you could find a nasty surprise waiting when you finally get it out.
Chicago is writing fewer parking tickets, but slapping more vehicles with the wheel-locking Denver boot.
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.113
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!