Governor Pat Quinn this morning activated the State Incident Response Center (SIRC) in Springfield to assess flooding and severe weather in several areas of the state and expedite assistance that may be needed by local public safety officials to protect citizens.
Governor Quinn stopped by Truman College where volunteers with the Center for Economic Progress are helping low-income tax payers to file their returns.
The tolling of a lone bell could be heard across the campus at NIU as students and family members of the five victims gathered to hear remarks from Gov. Pat Quinn and NIU President John Peters.
Sheila Simon said Wednesday that she won’t seek another term as lieutenant governor.
Saturday, Governor Pat Quinn and all four legislative leaders met behind closed doors to try and finally hammer out a pension reform deal.
A spokesman for President Obama says the former Illinois state lawmaker is urging the General Assembly here to approve gay-marriage legislation, the Sun-Times is reporting.
Former White House chief of staff Bill Daley says he’s “seriously” thinking about running for Illinois governor.
Moody’s Investor Services has downgraded the state’s credit outlook from stable to negative.
Gov. Pat Quinn was among the public officials who expressed condolences and horror at the shooting rampage, details of which were still emerging by late afternoon.
Quinn has appointed 40-year law enforcement veteran Michael McCotter to the job.
Jesse Jackson Jr. resigned from Congress last week amid health problems and reported plea-deal negotiations with federal prosecutors.
Now, Gov. Pat Quinn says, it’s up to Corrections Director Salvador Godinez to decide when and how reporters will have access.
Gov. Quinn says the mayor’s operatives are engaging in character assassination.
Gov. Quinn has signed a law that will allow school officials and law enforcement authorities to share juvenile criminal records on a limited basis.
Gov. Pat Quinn has vetoed the casino expansion bill.
The bill Gov. Pat Quinn signed allows police departments to notify school administrators when a student is a part of an ongoing investigation, even if they haven’t been arrested or charged.
Gov. Pat Quinn is asking for Illinois to be designated a drought disaster area.
Julie Gorczynski, 17, was killed last year in Orland Park when a motorist traveling 26 mph over the speed limit crashed into the passenger side of the Jeep she was riding in.
The Memorial Day parade and politics made for an interesting mix in Park Ridge, CBS 2’s Derrick Blakley reports.
State Rep. Jack Franks, D-Woodstock, says Gov. Quinn knew in April that Erwin McEwen, then the head of the Department of Children and Family Services, was refusing to cooperate in a state inspector general’s investigation.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.389
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!