It’s been a year of ups and downs, highs and lows, for Chicago’s Francis Cardinal George. He talks with CBS 2 Chief Correspondent Jay Levine.
CHICAGO (CBS) – Imagine, tonight, just try to imagine the corporations in Illinois that are planning to join the Sears and the Chicago Mercantile blackmail team, thinking: “Now, it’s OUR turn. Give us a tax […]
Gov. Quinn, Mayor Emanuel and Sen. Dick Durbin were all on hand Friday for the annual Veterans Day ceremonies at Soldier Field, where changes in the military were very much on the minds of many former service members.
Gov. Quinn says budget problems leave him no choice and he’ll have to close two living centers that care for people with disabilities. But many living with disabilities say they want them closed, CBS 2’s Dana Kozlov reports.
Gov. Pat Quinn is replacing everyone on the Illinois Gaming Board except the chairman, an advocate for strong regulation of gambling.
Gov. Quinn visited the downtown Chicago set of the Superman movie “Man of Steel” to tout the Illinois film industry.
It’s not just Illinois state workers who claim Gov. Pat Quinn isn’t following through on a deal. Wisconsin is still waiting on Quinn to honor the bet he lost when the Chicago Bears fell to the Green Bay Packers in the NFC championship game months ago.
Gov. Pat Quinn signed off on the state budget late Thursday night, mere hours before the fiscal year ended, but not before making a few changes affecting, among other things, education.
The new law prohibiting elected officials’ names on state signs was inspired by disgraced former Gov. Rod Blagojevich, who had a tendency to plaster his moniker on tollway signs.
Construction projects are in jeopardy and tens of thousands of jobs hang in the balance because state lawmakers failed to approve funding on capital projects, Gov. Pat Quinn said Monday.
Democratic Gov. Pat Quinn on Friday signed legislation for a redistricting map that will make life tougher for Illinois Republicans over the next 10 years.
The state of Illinois will spend $1.25 million to study whether bullet trains could one day whisk passengers between Chicago and Champaign-Urbana in less than an hour.
The Democrat-controlled Illinois Senate has approved new congressional districts that try to erase Republicans election gains.
The re-drawing of the map is almost done in Illinois, and the state Senate is expected to vote on new Congressional lines today.
Gov. Pat Quinn supports the idea of a Chicago casino, but warned state lawmakers against larding up legislation with all kinds of gambling expansions.
Gov. Pat Quinn on Tuesday vowed to fight any type of legislation that would allow Illinoisans to carry concealed weapons in public.
The free ride will come to an end late this summer for more than 260,000 Chicago-area senior citizens.
State government is still awash in red ink, but Gov. Pat Quinn is adamant that a capital project to develop a south suburban airport will move forward.
A company in Blue Island is shipping off part of its operations — and 250 jobs — to Indiana as Big Yellow complains to Gov. Pat Quinn about an anti-business climate here.
Gov. Pat Quinn estimates eliminating regional offices of education can save Illnois $14 million per year, but the superintendents say they provide vital services.
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!