Higher pump prices are partly because of havoc caused by weather-related power outages. Three refineries went down, and two pipelines temporarily were halted.
Hold on to your wallets: we are in the middle of a gas price spike, and experts say it will only get worse.
How painful will filling up at the pump be this year? On Monday, experts were giving their first look at what’s ahead for gas prices.
Travel is expected to be up this holiday season, and one big reason is plummeting gas prices.
This year will go down as another record-setting year for high gas prices in the Chicago area.
Pain at the pump continues in Illinois, as the Great Lake states wrestle with the some of the highest gas prices in the country.
Chicago area gas prices have shot back above $4 per gallon — just barely.
After weeks of dour outlooks and record highs, gas prices in greater Chicago have receded – potentially for the rest of the travel season.
CBS 2′s Dorothy Tucker talks with an expert about which cash-back credit cards are best for gasoline buyers.
It’s been no holiday for drivers trying to fill up at the pump. Gas prices continue to rise. As of Monday, the average price for a gallon of regular unleaded gasoline in Chicago was $3.51, up 9 cents from a week ago.
Prices at the pump could gobble up your wallet this Thanksgiving. Gas prices are at an all-time high for this time of year.
Motorists in Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Ohio and Michigan should be aware of the likelihood of rising gas prices in the next 48 hours and through the weekend in Chicago.
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!