But if the Blackhawks are going to fulfill their Presidents Trophy pedigree and emerge as the best team during the postseason as well, they are likely going to have to overcome adversity and win in dramatic fashion.
The Blackhawks finally looked like they were playing playoff hockey Wednesday night as they dispatched the Red Wings 4-1 in Game 1 of the Western Conference Quarterfinals.
Johnny Oduya and Marcus Kruger scored in the third period, Corey Crawford made 20 saves and the Chicago Blackhawks beat the Detroit Red Wings 4-1 in the opener of their second-round playoff series Wednesday night.
Marian Hossa and the Chicago Blackhawks were well aware they’d been playoff underachievers since they captured the Stanley Cup in 2010. Now, they’re eyeing another championship. And they just took an important step toward it.
For a team with a 3-1 series lead over the Minnesota Wild, the Blackhawks sure don’t sound like a team that is happy with its play.
The Chicago Blackhawks were beaten the last game in the corners, along the boards and by an overtime goal for the Minnesota Wild. By hurling their bodies in front of puck after puck, the Blackhawks stopped the Wild’s momentum right where it started.
After missing two games with a lower-body injury, Blackhawks goaltender Ray Emery is available to play tonight in Vancouver, but he won’t get the start.
Take a look at the NHL’s Western Conference Standings and you’ll see the same thing you have seen since the lockout ended and players returned to the ice.
Ray Emery is expected to start his third straight game in net Tuesday night when the Blackhawks face the Wild in Minnesota.
The Blackhawks traveled to Nashville Friday without Dave Bolland and Patrick Sharp.
According to a report, Sharp has a severe AC joint shoulder separation and will miss at least three weeks of action.
Just one day after assigning him to Rockford, the Blackhawks have recalled Brandon Bollig for Friday night’s game in Colorado.
Patrick Sharp, Marian Hossa and Andrew Shaw are all battling injuries.
Half the season. The team that refuses to lose has gone half the season without a loss in regulation.
Everyone knows what the big picture is. But we’ve all been through enough sports badness to deserve enjoyment when a team is this good.
The Blackhawks beat the Vancouver Canucks 4-3 in a shootout on Tuesday to give them 16 straight games with at least one point, matching the league record to start a season.
Brent Seabrook and Jonathan Toews each had a goal and an assist to help the Chicago Blackhawks beat the Los Angeles Kings 3-2 on Sunday, extending their season-opening points streak to 15 games.
Viktor Fasth made two stops in the shootout to remain perfect in six starts and the Anaheim Ducks beat the Chicago Blackhawks 3-2 on Tuesday night in a matchup of the top two teams in the Western Conference.
Matt Cullen scored 90 seconds into the game and again in a shootout to lift the Minnesota Wild to a 3-2 victory over Chicago on Wednesday, handing the Blackhawks their first loss in seven games this season.
Patrick Kane, Brent Seabrook and Viktor Stalberg scored to back Corey Crawford, and the Chicago Blackhawks hung on to beat the St. Louis Blues 3-2 on Tuesday night.
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.254
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!