The White Sox are becoming an afterthought.
The easy thing is to look at the Chicago White Sox and write them off as a lost cause.
I’ve decided I’m with Hawk Harrelson.
Jordan Danks atoned for a baserunning blunder in the ninth inning by hitting a solo home run in the 11th that lifted the Chicago White Sox over the Kansas City Royals 2-1 Monday.
Paul Konerko singled in the second and doubled in the fourth for the only White Sox hits until the eighth inning.
Texas scored six times in the sixth to break it open. Mitch Moreland, who had three hits, delivered a go-ahead double and Adrian Beltre capped the burst with a two-run homer. The bases were loaded when Beltre got to the plate before two wild pitches by Nate Jones allowed two runs
Paul Konerko hit a two-run home run for Chicago, who are 1-5 against left-handed starters.
Dayan Viciedo doubled home the go-ahead run in the ninth inning and the Chicago White Sox rallied to beat the Toronto Blue Jays 4-3 on Tuesday.
Jake Peavy struck out 11 in seven innings, Paul Konerko homered and the Chicago White Sox broke a five-game losing streak, beating the Cleveland Indians 3-1 Sunday.
The loss was Chicago’s fifth straight, all on the road. The White Sox are 0-5 away from home for the first time since 1972.
Paul Konerko spent a lot of time hitting alongside Carlos Quentin when the outfielder was with the White Sox. And he had a front row seat to some of the history between Quentin and pitcher Zack Greinke when Greinke was with the Royals.
Adam Dunn homered and the Chicago White Sox went deep four times to back a solid start by Jake Peavy in a 5-2 victory over the Kansas City Royals on Wednesday.
Monday’s 1-0 win over the Kansas City Royals was Konerko’s 16th career Opening Day and 15th straight with the White Sox.
Here are three reasons each to love and hate the Chicago White Sox and Chicago Cubs respectively in 2013.
September is a problematic month in which to play bad baseball.
White Sox starter Dylan Axelrod came on in relief and threw 5 1-3 scoreless innings before tiring in the eighth. Axelrod, scheduled to start Friday against Seattle, was pulled after RBI doubles by Jonathan Lucroy and Sean Halton.
The Chicago White Sox announced six roster moves and set their Opening Day Roster after their game against the Milwaukee Brewers.
Down the line, Anthony Rizzo has the potential to be one of the best offensive players in the league.
After spending five days at spring training in Arizona, Adam Hoge presents his final verdict for the White Sox in 2013.
Shin-Soo Choo got four hits and Todd Frazier homered Sunday as the Cincinnati Reds beat a Chicago White Sox split squad 7-3.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!