The Cubs on Monday dealt left-handed pitcher Paul Maholm and outfielder Reed Johnson to the Atlanta Braves. Early Tuesday, the club confirmed it had sent catcher Geovany Soto to the Rangers.
Anthony Rizzo hit a two-run homer in the 10th inning Sunday that lifted the Chicago Cubs over the St. Louis Cardinals 4-2.
Paul Maholm pitched eight strong innings Tuesday night to win his fifth straight start and lead the Chicago Cubs over the Pittsburgh Pirates 5-1.
Paul Maholm pitched eight innings, Alfonso Soriano homered and the Cubs beat the Miami Marlins 4-2 Thursday, ruining Mark Buehrle’s return to Chicago.
Bryan LaHair, Jeff Baker and Anthony Rizzo hit home runs and the Chicago Cubs continued their success against Atlanta by beating the Braves 5-1 on Wednesday night.
Paul Maholm pitched into the ninth inning to earn his first win in seven weeks and the Chicago Cubs hit three homers in a 4-0 victory over the Houston Astros on Friday.
David DeJesus and Starlin Castro, the top two players in the Chicago Cubs’ batting order, had four hits apiece on Saturday night. And neither table-setter scored.
Zack Greinke had a season-high 12 strikeouts and the Milwaukee Brewers rediscovered their offense, beating the Chicago Cubs 8-0 on Wednesday night.
Paul Maholm outpitched Tim Hudson to win his fourth straight start, Bryan LaHair hit a go-ahead single in the seventh inning and the Chicago Cubs beat the Atlanta Braves 1-0 Wednesday.
Paul Maholm pitched six solid innings to earn his first win in nine months and the Chicago Cubs beat the Cincinnati Reds 6-1 on Saturday to stop a six-game slide.
Jake Westbrook allowed one earned run in seven strong innings and rookie Matt Carpenter homered, tripled and drove in five runs in the St. Louis Cardinals’ 10-3 victory over the Chicago Cubs on Sunday.
Whether it was walking the leadoff man, allowing the Brewers to bat around in the first inning or hitting a pair of batters, it might be better to forget this one.
Alex Gonzalez hit a three-run homer in Milwaukee’s five-run first inning, sending the Brewers to a 7-4 victory over the Chicago Cubs on Tuesday night.
Albert Pujols homered for the second straight day and the Los Angeles Angels played to a 3-all tie with the Chicago Cubs in 10 innings Saturday.
Bryan LaHair is less than two weeks away from breaking camp on a big league opening day roster for the first time. The timing should be just about right for the Chicago Cubs first baseman, considering he has nearly 1,000 career at-bats in the minors and just 65 in the majors.
Seth Smith had a two-run double among his three hits, and the Oakland Athletics scored three unearned runs off Paul Maholm in the first inning and beat the Chicago Cubs 4-3 in a game between split squads Saturday.
Samardzija is coming off his best season as a professional notching eight wins in 2011 to go along with an era of 2.97.
Veteran Pittsburgh Pirates pitcher Paul Maholm has been signed to a contract with the Cubs, according to multiple reports.
Entering the All-Star break with the second-worst record in the majors, the Chicago Cubs are looking forward to the time off. Andrew McCutchen homered and drove in five runs, and the Pittsburgh Pirates beat the Cubs 9-1 on Sunday.
The Cubs managed only 3 hits off of Pirates starter Paul Maholm, who went the distance as the Bucs shut out the Cubs 10-0. Randy Wells came off the disabled list to make his first start since April 4th, but he took the loss, going only 4 innings while giving up 5 earned runs.
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- Boy, 17, Fatally Shot In Back Of The YardsA teenage boy was fatally shot in the South Side Back of the Yards neighborhood Tuesday evening, police said.147
- Police: Man Killed In Jump From Gold Coast BuildingA man jumped to his death early Tuesday from the Gold Coast high-rise building where he lived, authorities said.303
- Police: Man Touches Woman’s Leg At South Loop CTA StationPolice are looking for man who inappropriately touched a woman at a South Loop CTA station Tuesday morning.147
- Rapper Chief Keef Arrested In Georgia Hotel After Staff Smells MarijuanaChicago rapper Chief Keef makes no secret of his fondness for marijuana. The staff at the swanky LeMeridien Atlanta Perimeter hotel doesn’t share that fondness.144
- Florida Man Pleads Guilty In Fatal Stabbing Of Bears FanA Florida man has pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing a Bears fan who traveled to Jacksonville to see the Bears take on the Jaguars in October.619
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!