The Boston Celtics will play at the TD Garden for the first time Friday night since the events of the Boston Marathon.
Kevin Garnett scored eight of his 12 points in the fourth quarter and added 11 rebounds, and the Boston Celtics overcame poor shooting to beat the Chicago Bulls 71-69 Wednesday night.
Luol Deng and Carlos Boozer scored 21 points apiece, Joakim Noah had a triple-double and the Chicago Bulls beat the Boston Celtics 100-89 on Tuesday night.
Kevin Garnett finished with 26 points and 11 rebounds, Pierce scored 19 and the Celtics moved one win away from the East title by beating the Heat 94-90 on Tuesday night, taking a 3-2 lead in the series.
LeBron James scored 34 points and grabbed 10 rebounds, Dwyane Wade scored 23 and the Miami Heat pulled off the biggest playoff comeback in franchise history to beat the Boston Celtics 115-111 in overtime on Wednesday night.
The Celtics handled the Heat rather easily during the regular season going 3-1. The Heat won in the second game of the season while the Celtics took the latter three, but with one of those was a meaningless contest at the end of the season when playoff seeding had already been set.
Rajon Rondo helped his aging teammates keep their season going Saturday night, finishing with 18 points, 10 assists and 10 rebounds in Game 7 against the 76ers to lead the Celtics to an 85-75 victory and into an Eastern Conference finals matchup with the Miami Heat.
Paul Pierce battled through another tough shooting night to score 36 points and the Boston Celtics wiped out Atlanta’s 11-point lead in the second half even without Rajon Rondo, stunning the Hawks 87-80 on Tuesday in Game 2 of the Eastern Conference playoffs.
David Stern and Billy Hunter are still hard at work trying to save the NBA season but it appears that many of the league’s top stars are getting ready to hit the road for a two-week world tour that will consist of six games spanning across four continents.
NBA owners and players have failed again to get close to a labor deal, and union president Derek Fisher says he anticipates the remainder of the preseason to be canceled.
The Miami Heat made quick work of the reigning Eastern Conference champions by defeating Boston 4-1 in a second-round playoff series. Although the series lasted only five games, it was grueling from start to finish.
No one could have predicted that the defending conference champions would be in such deep holes so early in the playoffs. The Lakers and Celtics are both down two games to none and find themselves in must-win situations.
The NBA All-Star reserves were announced Thursday night. Many were hoping to see Carlos Boozer, Luol Deng or Joakim Noah named to the team. Unfortunately, those hoping to see more Bulls joining rose will be disappointed.
The Chicago Bulls have lost the previous two games while the Celtics were on a four-game winning streak. That changed Saturday when the Bulls blocked the Celtics from getting ahead and taking a 90-79 victory.
The Chicago Bulls struggled against the Boston Celtics. Derrick Rose scored 20 points and Carlos Boozer scored 12, his second game this season. Kevin Garnett lead the Celtics to a 104-92 win over the Bulls.
Carlos Boozer’s Bulls debut was not what he or any one else expected. Boozer and the Bulls looked out of sync and were dominated by the Orlando Magic. The Bulls try to get back on track in Boston.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!