The vehicle, described as a 2010-13 black or dark-colored 4-door Hyundai Sonata, was westbound on Division when it struck the 40-year-old pedestrian.
Police received multiple 911 calls about the girl walking in the middle of the roadway before being struck, police said.
A West Side man was charged with reckless homicide and DUI, after driving his vehicle into a group of pedestrians, fatally striking a man early Saturday in the Belmont-Cragin neighborhood on the Northwest Side.
A driver was arrested after trying to run away from a Woodlawn neighborhood crash that killed a pedestrian Tuesday morning.
A 63-year-old man has died after he was struck by a vehicle while crossing a street in Evanston Saturday night.
Police are asking for the public’s help in locating a vehicle involved in a hit-and-run incident that left a pedestrian seriously injured early Sunday in the Garfield Park neighborhood.
It’s been a rough week for Megabus, as the discount intercity bus line has been involved in two fatal accidents in Illinois, and agreed to pay $5 million to settle a lawsuit filed by the family of a man struck and killed by a Megabus two years ago.
A 76-year-old woman has died after she was hit by a Megabus near her West Loop home, not far from Union Station.
A man was hit and killed by a vehicle after walking into traffic on Lake Shore Drive on the North Side late Sunday.
A wrecked car without a driver was found early Sunday parked a little more than a mile from the scene of a Saturday night hit-and-run crash that killed a 49-year-old South Side woman.
A man crossing the street in the River West neighborhood early Saturday was thrown into the air when he was struck by a car, landing on the car’s windshield.
A 35-year-old man died early Saturday after he was struck a vehicle while kneeling in the street in the Bucktown neighborhood, police said.
A stroll to a Halloween party turned deadly for a 6-year-old girl on Saturday in the Englewood neighborhood. She was struck and killed by a car as she crossed the street with her god-sister.
A cement truck operator has been cited for negligent driving after fatally striking a woman in her motorized wheelchair on the city’s South Side.
A 22-year-old man walking on the road was critically injured early Saturday when he was struck by a car in northwest suburban Arlington Heights.
Diana Paz’s family is just coming to grips with the fact she didn’t live to see her 26th birthday Sunday.
A 5-year-old was seriously injured after being hit by a car Friday night in the South Side Chatham neighborhood.
A 6-year-old boy and his 18-year-old brother were hit by a car on the Southwest Side on Friday.
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!