The train struck the woman about 4:30 p.m. near West 115th and South State streets, according to Fire Media Affairs.
A man died Friday night after he was struck by a vehicle in west suburban Lyons.
Trains on Metra’s Rock Island Line were back on a normal schedule Monday afternoon, hours after an inbound train from Joliet it a pedestrian near New Lenox.
Dominic Szymanski was struck by a commuter train around Friday. Passersby and police officers immediately began administering first aid as paramedics rushed to the scene.
A Metra train struck an 11-year-old boy Friday evening in northwest suburban Barrington.
A Pace bus traveling south swerved to avoid a pedestrian and crashed into a light pole in the 4600 block of South Halsted Street.
A man is dead after being hit by a car on Chicago’s Northwest Side.
A vehicle fatally struck a pedestrian early Saturday.
The person was fatally hit near the Irving Park station in the 3900 block of North Avondale Avenue, according to Fire Media Affairs.
A pedestrian and an Illinois State Police trooper were hospitalized after a “serious traffic crash” on Interstate 55 near southwest suburban Lemont.
The allegedly impaired teen driver accused of striking and killing a 5-year-old girl on Labor Day may have run over the girl more than once, a lawsuit filed by the victim’s family says.
A pedestrian was hit and killed by a vehicle Friday morning, right outside Roseland Community Hospital on the city’s Far South Side.
A pedestrian was hospitalized Thursday morning, after being hit by a taxi downtown.
A taxicab was destroyed beyond recognition Tuesday morning, after it slammed into a bench and a pole at Chicago and Milwaukee avenues and killed a man waiting at a bus stop.
Chicago law firm is suing Megabus on behalf of the estate of a 76-year-old Chicago woman who was struck and killed by one of the company’s buses earlier this week.
A man was hit and killed by a vehicle after walking into traffic on Lake Shore Drive on the North Side late Sunday.
A Metra train struck and reportedly killed a pedestrian early Monday in Hanover Park, in an incident that shut down the Milwaukee District/West Line.
An Illinois State Trooper found himself in an unusual situation this morning along Interstate 57 in the southern suburbs
A pedestrian was struck and killed a Metra train Thursday night in north suburban Morton Grove.
Outbound trains on the Metra Union Pacific Northwest Line are stopped near northwest suburban Arlington Heights due to a train fatally striking a pedestrian there Friday afternoon.
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- RT @Millennium_Park: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole … 7 hours ago
- RT @ChicagoDCASE: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole htt… 7 hours ago