A West Side man was charged with reckless homicide and DUI, after driving his vehicle into a group of pedestrians, fatally striking a man early Saturday in the Belmont-Cragin neighborhood on the Northwest Side.
Better traffic signals and speed bumps could be coming to your neighborhood, with the city’s first ever pedestrian safety plan now in effect.
You’ve no doubt seen those striped crosswalks around the city of Chicago, where drivers are supposed to stop for pedestrians. Now drivers are getting an extra visual cue.
Despite this history, the Alltown bus company has an $11.7 million contract with Chicago Public Schools to provide 248 buses. 2 Investigator Pam Zekman reports.
The City of Chicago is hoping to improve pedestrian safety at certain unprotected street crossings with brightly-colored flags that people can use to be sure cars know they are there.
Motorists and pedestrians on Wacker Drive Tuesday will be subjected to a ghastly sight that has nothing to do with Halloween.
A new study finds tens of thousands of people are using the lakefront bike path every day.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel is proposing a new ordinance that might make it easier and safer to walk around downtown Chicago.
Stephen Dewart was one of eight people mowed down May 21 on the Gold Coast when a driver for the Department of Streets and Sanitation lost control of his pick-up truck and plowed into them. He is now filing suit.
Streets around two of Chicago’s tallest buildings remained closed to traffic Tuesday evening, due to concerns about falling ice.
The warnings urge drivers to stop for pedestrians, but some people behind the wheel are reflexively hitting the brakes at all times.
An 88-year-old west suburban man and his 84-year-old wife suffered minor injuries Friday night, after they were struck and knocked down by a Jeep in Naperville.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.389
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!