Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum
Whether you want to learn about compost or find out how you can save an endangered species, the Chicagoland area has numerous activities planned for Earth Day.
If you haven’t noticed as many squirrels in your yard as usual, you’re not alone.
Two boys – ages 13 and 14 – were among four killed, and at least 31 others were wounded in shootings in Chicago over the weekend.
If you keep your eyes open wandering Chicagoland, you may see a solitary apple tree or lilac bush being swarmed by butterflies – dozens, possibly over a hundred butterflies at a time.
The warm winter that is technically still in progress may spell trouble for baby squirrels.
Nestled in the expanse of green that is our beloved Lincoln Park, the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum strives to create a connection between people and nature. Geared towards families, this hands-on museum offers a wide range of fun, interactive exhibits and educational programming for children and adults of all ages. This is one of our family’s favorite museums – there is always something to delight both my kids, ages 2 and 10.
You don’t have to feel stuck in the cold city this winter. Visit the tropics without having to catch a flight. These four Chicago spots are the perfect tropical pick-me-ups: uninterrupted, stress-free family time with a side order of sliders, palm trees and butterflies.
Scientists and volunteers are spending their time putting 2,500 caterpillars to bed for the winter on the roof of the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum in the park of Lincoln Park.
Wet weather at the beginning of the year has led to an increase in skunk sightings across the Chicago area according to the urban ecology curator at the Notebaert Nature Museum.
A brand new trail is covering a lot of ground in only a third of a mile — right behind the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum in Lincoln Park.
Millions of monarch butterflies are unaccounted for on their annual migration between the upper Midwest and Mexico.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!