Penn State Nittany Lions
A fan base that has been criticized for putting football ahead of more important things went and put football ahead of more important things.
A quick look at what to watch for Thursday as the Big Ten Tournament gets underway in Chicago.
Joe Paterno’s family released its response to Penn State’s report on the Jerry Sandusky scandal Sunday, attacking Louis Freeh’s conclusion that the coach hid sex abuse allegations against his longtime assistant.
Breaking more than a year of silence, Sue Paterno is defending her late husband as a “moral, disciplined” man who never twisted the truth to avoid bad publicity.
Two Pennsylvania congressmen want the NCAA to restore football scholarships taken away from Penn State as part of sanctions for the child sex abuse scandal involving retired assistant coach Jerry Sandusky.
Former Penn State President Graham B. Spanier was charged Thursday with hushing up child molestation allegations against Jerry Sandusky, making him the third school official charged in the alleged cover-up.
Penn State needed someone crazy enough to take this job — someone convinced they could save Penn State football when all logic said they couldn’t.
Penn State will not renew the contract of athletic director Tim Curley, who has been on leave since being charged last year with perjury and failing to report a child sex abuse allegation against Jerry Sandusky.
Northwestern failed its first big test of the season. A week after returning to the Top 25 for the first time since 2008, the No. 24 Wildcats wasted an 11-point lead in the fourth quarter, allowing three touchdowns in the final 9:49 in a 39-28 loss Saturday to Penn State.
Predictions for every Big Ten team, including overall record, conference record and bowl game projection.
No team in the history of college football has ever entered a season the way Penn State is in 2012.
With eight reported transfers thus far and more likely on the way, the bolts are already starting to pop out from Penn State’s football jalopy.
The Paterno Family officially filed an appeal with the NCAA Friday, objecting to the sanctions handed down to the Penn State football program last month.
The NCAA’s imposition of crippling sanctions against Penn State has provoked something of a backlash in Pennsylvania, where more than four in 10 adults say the governing body punished the school too severely over its handling of the Jerry Sandusky scandal, according to a new poll.
Penn State offensive tackle Ryan Nowicki will transfer to Illinois. The 6-5, 280 pound lineman is a redshirt freshman with four years of eligibility remaining. He will be eligible to play immediately.
The Northwestern head coach considered Paterno a mentor, someone to look up to. Since November, Paterno’s reputation has been tarnished, his statue dismantled and a large chunk of wins erased.
Plenty of critics surfaced in the wake of Illinois head coach Tim Beckman admitting he is openly recruiting Penn State players. But no one has been as critical as PSU senior linebacker Michael Mauti.
Beckman confirmed Thursday that he had eight coaches camped out at a State College restaurant outside the Penn State campus Wednesday.
Contrary to what the NCAA originally insinuated, Penn State players cannot transfer at any point in their career without penalty.
There was only one television network worth watching Monday morning as the NCAA handed down its historical sanctions on Penn State.
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!