Check out this video from the Hetzel Union Building in State College, Pa., as the student body reacts to the news.
Beaver Stadium will roar this year, and soon. 106,000 Penn State football fans will chant “We are!!” as their white-helmeted heroes charge from the tunnel, united against all their perceived enemies.
The following is a release from the Big Ten, detailing their sanctions against Penn State.
It’s with some, solemn pride that I say that I’ve been a de facto voice of the Joe Paterno opposition.
Check out this cartoonist’s depiction of Paterno’s journey to heaven.
(WSCR) As sunlight begins to expose all that surrounds Penn State and the Jerry Sandusky child sex-abuse scandal, one Nebraskan columnist apparently has something he wants to get off his chest. Les Mann, a longtime […]
You ask, I answer. Questions arrive via every avenue imaginable, now, so it’s the least I can do to take the time to address a few of them. Many are utterly incomprehensible – as I’m sure you can imagine – so I picked a few that I understood.
What would you do?
The good guy in this story couldn’t prevent the human tragedy, only arriving on the scene after terrible things had already happened.
This hellacious, Saharan furnace attacking Chicago has roasted any attempt to crystallize a compelling thought about sports, turning them into some kind of burned, twisted, pointless gristle.
Too much was at stake for Paterno to allow his football program and his vast, personal business arrangements with Second Mile connections to be brought down by scandal. So he made sure Sandusky could go about his business uninterrupted.
Though he was convicted last week on 45 counts of child sex-abuse, former Penn State defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky will continue to receive a $59,000 annual pension for the rest of his life.
Even in the dark, sick heart of central Pennsylvania, where for years the emotional and cultural strength of a college football program blinded otherwise normal people to horrible crimes, justice could be done.
Former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky has been convicted of 45 counts at his child sex abuse trial.
The whole point of Jerry Sandusky going to trial against a mountain of evidence was to take an all-in stab at a small chance of victory.
After a successful Hawk Harrelson Rant Soundboard, we’re proud to present the Joe Paterno Soundboard.
Defense attorneys in Jerry Sandusky’s child sex abuse trial suggested in their questioning Tuesday that investigators shared details among accusers, planting the seeds of the alleged victims’ evolving accounts of abuse.
Their biological mutualism showed an ugly side over the weekend, when both waded into the dank, murky water of the Penn State child-rape scandal.
Thursday marked the end of the prosecutions case, although they did not formally rest. It was a day of intense and unsettling testimony. It had many people who are following this case wondering how to just make all of this stop.
It’s hard to believe I could feel any worse about the horrific situation at my alma mater, Penn State, and the allegations against former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky. But when the trial opened yesterday, to my dismay, matters became even more personal.
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!