White Sox Owner Jerry Reinsdorf is opposing a plan by MLB owners to eliminate pensions for all non-uniformed personnel, according to a report by ESPN.
State Sen. Bill Cunningham (D-Chicago) said 20 percent of the revenue of the city-owned casino in Chicago should go to the city’s police and fire pension funds.
Governor Pat Quinn has enlisted the creator of popular on-line videos to help explain the state’s pension crisis.
The governor’s web-based social media strategy hasn’t been met with much enthusiasm, CBS 2 Chief Correspondent Jay Levine reports.
Illinois, which already has one of the worst-in-the-nation credit ratings, was lowered even further on Wednesday by the Standard & Poor’s rating agency, citing the state’s failure to address its massive pension problems.
Good, hard-working Americans shouldn’t be forced to contemplate leaving their chosen profession as they are with federal laws such as Obamacare.
Gov. Pat Quinn is promising not to give up the fight for pension reform, after lawmakers failed to get a bill passed before the deadline of midnight Thursday night.
Illinois officials have been emphasizing for months that changes must be made to the state pension system to deal with myriad financial problems, but sometimes, reform is easier said than done.
Now that the governor has finally unveiled a plan to tackle the state’s pension crisis, one top Republican is predicting a tough road ahead.
Suburban school districts are pushing back hard against a 2005 state law that was meant to rein in Illinois’ skyrocketing pension costs.
Virtually all parts of state government would be forced to cut spending under a budget outline approved by the Illinois House.
In presenting his 2012 budget plan Wednesday, Gov. Pat Quinn said the state’s Medicaid is on the brink of collapse.
Some public university employees have figured out a way to keep their jobs and double their salaries. CBS 2′s Dave Savini has been investigating this lucrative, yet legal, sweetheart deal involving government pensions.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel says Gov. Pat Quinn and Illinois lawmakers should heed the warnings of the Civic Federation, which says the state’s pension debt will grow by leaps and bounds if immediate steps aren’t taken.
A spokeswoman says Gov. Pat Quinn wants to address the problem of skyrocketing Medicaid costs in Illinois, but state legislators are not cooperating.
Illinois House Speaker Michael Madigan says local school districts haven’t been paying into their teachers’ retirement systems, and he thinks it may be high time that they did.
legislative maneuver made nearly three years ago is causing some state employee pension funds to appear less funded than they really are.
The long-term forecast for the Illinois budget looks gloomy, with less state money available and government services facing cuts, Gov. Pat Quinn’s office said Tuesday.
Federal prosecutors are digging for data about convicted former Gov. Rod Blagojevich’s potential pension income in advance of his sentencing on corruption charges, even though Illinois officials plan to block the disgraced Democrat from getting any state retirement pay.
The Illinois House has voted to crack down on public pension abuses.
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Illinois Senate Passes Medical Marijuana LegislationIllinois Gov. Pat Quinn must decide if he will sign a measure allowing the use of marijuana for medical purposes after the state Senate approved legislation on Friday.1238
- Teen Fatally Stabbed In Fight Outside Suburban Grocery StoreRomeoville police say a 17-year-old boy and a 22-year-old man got into a fight in the parking lot outside the Jewel-Osco on Weber Road.432
- Powerball Jackpot At $600 Million: Most Common NumbersThe Powerball jackpot was increased Friday to $600 million, making it the largest Powerball jackpot ever.781
- Police Believe Alleged Con Man Had Scores Of Victims In 4 StatesPark Ridge police were asking for the public’s health in a fraud investigation against a man they said has been using a fake identity to fleece people in at least four states.148
- Family Helping Fund Research For Rare Disease That Struck Son, DaughterThey start out growing up like any other child, until a seizure strikes. It's the first sign of a deadly, rare brain disease that robs children of their abilities before taking their lives. This weekend, you can help a Downers Grove family try to find a cure for Batten Disease.226
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!