A toddler has a new chance at life, thanks to groundbreaking surgery, performed a few weeks ago at an Illinois hospital.
Republican U.S. Rep. Aaron Schock has decided to forgo a run for Illinois governor and instead seek re-election to Congress, the three-term congressman’s campaign manager said Thursday.
Each of the Chicago Wolves’ last three visits to Peoria have ended in a shutout. This time, it was Chicago’s turn to suffer the whitewash with a 3-0 loss Saturday night in an Illinois Lottery Cup contest at Carver Arena.
Although a sunny vacation in the dead of a Chicago winter seems like the incarnation of bliss, sometimes it’s nice to get away but still be near home during the holidays. You may not escape the temperatures, but you can enjoy an escape from the city with these nearby destinations.
The flagship Hostess product, the Twinkie, was invented by Schiller Park bakery manager James Dewar in 1930 under a precursor company, Continental Baking Co.
The Chicago Wolves surrendered four unanswered goals in the third period to drop a 4-1 Illinois Lottery Cup contest to the Peoria Rivermen at Carver Arena Friday night.
The Chicago Wolves and Peoria Rivermen traded goals through 40 minutes, but the Rivermen grabbed two third-period tallies to earn a 4-2 preseason victory Friday night.
The unemployment rate in the Chicago metropolitan area fell to 8.8 percent in August from 10.5 percent a year earlier and down from 9.2 percent in July.
Family members of an Illinois man who went missing 34 years ago will finally lay his remains to rest.
Cook County Sheriff’s investigators trying to identify victims of serial killer John Wayne Gacy have solved the unrelated case of a missing man from Peoria, whose body was found on a mountainside in Utah two years ago.
The story of the returning veteran never ends. A researcher in Peoria is investigating Gulf War Syndrome, more than twenty years after the end of Operation Desert Storm.
Want to know if high-speed rail plays in Peoria? It depends on which Peorian you ask.
Illinois State Police have issued an AMBER Alert about two missing babies who were abducted by their mother in Peoria Thursday morning.
A dozen years on the run for a couple from Illinois has ended in a small town outside Phoenix.
Heavy equipment maker Caterpillar Inc. has agreed to sell off a distribution and support business to a Canadian company for $465 million.
While the west suburban Lisle institution has no plans to leave town, a proposal up for approval this week could result in the private Catholic nonprofit school establishing a campus in Mesa, Ariz.
Jordan Schroeder’s rebound goal with 46.2 seconds left in overtime lifted the Chicago Wolves to a 4-3 Illinois Lottery Cup triumph over the Peoria Rivermen Monday night at Carver Arena.
A group that promotes downstate business says Caterpillar’s investment in building more machines in East Peoria and Decatur will pay over and over again.
An Amtrak train headed for Chicago was halted Tuesday morning when it hit a utility truck on the tracks in central Illinois.
A southwest suburban police officer is in trouble with his own department, and two other officers might be in trouble too, following a trip to a law enforcement conference downstate.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.667
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!