Two Cook County Jail guards were charged Thursday with arranging the beating of an 18-year-old inmate after he short-circuited power in the jail.
A west suburban man admitted in court Wednesday that he had inappropriate contact with 14 young girls he taught at now defunct gymnastics studio.
Two women have been charged with trying to collect money from funds intended for the victims of the stage collapse at the Indiana State Fair this past summer.
What happened in the Roger Clemens case yesterday was probably right, but nobody should feel good about it.
The judge declared a mistrial Thursday in baseball star Roger Clemens’ perjury trial after prosecutors showed to jurors evidence that he had ruled would be out of bounds in the case.
Prosecutors said Wednesday that needles and cotton balls Roger Clemens’ former trainer says he used to inject the star pitcher at the height of his career tested positive for Clemens’ DNA and anabolic steroids.
Strip away the legalese and the trial of Roger Clemens is a tale of two men: the baseball star and his trainer.
Roger Clemens’ tenacious pursuit of victory on the pitcher’s mound is re-emerging as he enters federal court this week to fight charges he lied about using drugs and to try to ruthlessly discredit the former friend who says he did.
After several days of deliberation, a jury found home run king Barry Bonds guilty of obstruction of justice but a jury failed to reach a verdict on three other counts that he lied to a grand jury in 2003.
According to the testimony of his former mistress, Barry Bonds blamed his 1999 elbow injury on steroid use.
A federal judge ruled on Thursday that the jury in Barry Bonds’ perjury trial won’t hear the angry voicemails he left his mistress during their rocky nine-year relationship.
Former police Cmdr. Jon Burge reports to prison today, after being convicted of lying about torturing suspects during the 1970s and ‘80s.
Former Chicago Police Cmdr. Jon Burge is expected to report to prison later this week, and he could meet a jailhouse celebrity.
Police torture and misconduct under the command of former Chicago Police Lt. Jon Burge was a “cancer” that destroyed relations with the black community, a former Chicago policeman and activist said at Burge’s sentencing hearing.
A man who claims to have been a torture victim of police Cmdr. Jon Burge wants to see him go away for a long time.
U.S. District Judge Joan Lefkow said Wednesday that she won’t step down from the case of a former Chicago police lieutenant convicted of lying about the torture of suspects.
Former Chicago Police Commander Jon Burge, who is now facing sentencing next week for lying about the torture of suspects, says he deserves less prison time because of his military service.
Former Chicago Police Cmdr. Jon Burge could face hard time behind bars when he is sentenced in January for perjury and obstruction of justice.
- Man Charged With Sex Trafficking For Second Time In Cook CountyA man previously convicted of sex trafficking in Cook County has been charged again, this time for allegedly kidnapping a Minnesota woman and bringing her to Chicago to work in the sex trade.201
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!