At least seven states have filed petitions asking to secede from the union–enough to require a response from the White House, anyway.
Some neighbors are furious at a plan by the Chicago Transit Authority that would the No. 11 Lincoln Avenue bus from Lincoln Square to Lincoln Park.
A coalition of Chicago parents, activists, and teachers said Monday it has enough signatures to get the idea of an elected school board for Chicago Public Schools on the ballot in November.
The gay rights group Equality Illinois is launching a campaign against Chick-Fil-A – petitioning universities and lawmakers to evict the fast food restaurant from their campuses and planning a “kiss-in” campaign by gay and lesbian couples outside Chick-Fil-A restaurants.
Another side is weighing in on the Chicago school system’s plan to fix some failing schools.
Miss Deaf America – Arlington Heights native Rachel Mazique – was invited to the Super Bowl to sign the national anthem and “America the Beautiful,” but nobody saw her on TV.
The Better Government Association has set up an online petition to eliminate the state’s legislative scholarship program, with state Rep. Robert Rita (D-Blue Island) now accused of granting a scholarship to a political ally’s daughter.
In Wisconsin, the process of verifying signatures collected to recall Republican Governor Scott Walker begins Tuesday.
The producers of “Sesame Street” said in a statement last week that Bert and Ernie have no sexual orientation, but a Chicago area activist’s petition continues to gather signatures calling for the Muppet characters to be married.
A call to rename Balbo Drive downtown is being met with a new petition, asking city officials to leave the street name alone.
If candidates in Chicago’s municipal elections want to knock the competition off the ballot, 69 West Washington is the place to be for the next several days.
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- RT @Millennium_Park: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole … 8 hours ago
- RT @ChicagoDCASE: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole htt… 8 hours ago