Tiger Woods makes his return to competitive golf this week at the World Golf Championships – Bridgestone Invitational. He’s ranked 28th in the world. Can regain his form and climb to the top of the rankings?
After a bad 2011 season, Charley Hoffman is going back to the drawing board to figure out what made his successful last year.
Trevor Immelman has struggled on the PGA Tour ever since 2008, but he appears headed in the right direction and only one stroke off the leader in The Greenbrier Classic.
After a less than stellar season, Billy Mayfair has positioned himself to win The Greenbrier Classic and keep his PGA Tour card for 2012.
Players have to be creative to make money. Patrick Cantlay isn’t quite ready to turn pro. An interesting mix of players may not make the FedEx Cup playoffs.
Steve Williams says he wasted the last two years of his life standing by Tiger Woods through injuries and eruptions in the golfer’s private life.
Pettersson won last year’s RBC Canadian Open at St. George’s. It’s at Shaughnessy this year. Can he win again?
It took Darren Clarke twenty tries to finally raise the Claret Jug. He takes great pride in the fashion in which he finally got there.
Tom Watson completed his 34th Open Championship. He was one round in extreme conditions away from climbing the leaderboard.
Rory McIlroy finished 25th at the Open Championship. He’s ready to move on to a tournament for which weather isn’t such a factor.
Tom Watson hit a perfect tee shot to the middle of the fairway. And when he putted his two iron straight at the flag, golf’s version of the ‘running of the bulls’ began. The galleries burst over the ropes back up the fairway and headed for the green.
Darren Clarke was among the top golfers in the world just a couple of years ago. After a personal tragedy he has bounced back and now in contention to win the The Open Championship.
Lucas Glover is one shot back after the opening round at the Open Championship. Glover shot a 66, making him America’s best hope so far.
Steve Stricker is ranked in the top-ten of the world golf ratings, but he’s still waiting on his first major. The Open Championship could be his chance.
Lee Westwood is one of the world’s most consistent golfers. But he’s yet post a victory in a Major. The Open Championship could be his first.
The current top-ranked player has won the Open Championship only three times. The future champion is much more likely to come from the field.
Colin Montgomerie’s streak of consecutive Open Championships played may end at 21. He must finish at least fifth at this week’s Scottish Open to qualify.
Zach Johnson thinks of the John Deere Classic as a major. He makes his 10th appearance in the tournament this week. But to win it, he will have to play better than he has in past years.
Steve Stricker is the reigning two-time champion at the John Deere Classic. And while a third win is within the realm of possibility, it could lead to another letdown at the Open Championship next week.
Robert Garrigus turned pro in 1997. But it’s only recently he’s started to emerge. Garrigus tied for third at the U.S. Open, and is in contention at Aronimink this week .
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!