For the first time this year, Chicago area drivers are seeing some relief at the pump, as gas prices have started going down.
After weeks of dour outlooks and record highs, gas prices in greater Chicago have receded – potentially for the rest of the travel season.
The average price of gas continues to jump ever closer to $5 per gallon, with prices up 18 cents per gallon in the last week.
Gas prices have climbed 11 cents over just the past two weeks, and Chicago remains the highest on the list.
Oil prices are spiking after Iran cut off exports to Britain and France and threatened to expand the embargo to other European countries, and that means gas prices are skyrocketing too.
If you’ve filled your gas tank Thursday, you probably noticed a sudden spike in prices.
Oil has been trading above $100 a barrel for the first time since July, but a local expert doesn’t think that will translate into significantly higher prices at the pump.
Gas prices are finally coming down – and quickly. Prices at pumps in Chicago are nearly 10 cents a gallon cheaper than just one week ago.
Gas prices in Chicago are higher than they were a week ago. That stings. CBS 2′s Kristyn Hartman reports.
Just as prices already were falling, governments around the world are making a move to bring down the cost of oil even faster.
Just when we were all starting to feel a little relief, they’re back. High gas prices are making a return, at least in Chicago. CBS 2′s Mai Martinez reports.
Chicago, once again, has the highest gas prices in the nation, and one expert says there’s a simple solution that would lower prices.
Gasoline prices are definitely dropping, but that’s small consolation to motorists who say there is still too much pain at the pump.
A stronger dollar, a weaker euro and a decision by Europe’s Central Bank not to continue raising interest rates will have a very real impact on you at the gas pump.
The crisis in Japan and the ongoing unrest in the Middle East are weighing on the oil market and threatening to further drive up gasoline prices.
Gasoline prices are surging to $4 a gallon because of tensions in the Middle East, and things could get worse, one expert says.
The instability in Libya is roiling the energy market this morning.
The growing instability roiling the Middle East could drive up the price of gas in this country, a Chicago energy expert says.
- Man Charged With Sex Trafficking For Second Time In Cook CountyA man previously convicted of sex trafficking in Cook County has been charged again, this time for allegedly kidnapping a Minnesota woman and bringing her to Chicago to work in the sex trade.201
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!