Peter Hanson made back-to-back birdies to close out a round of 7-under 65 and take the lead after three rounds at the Masters.
20 years after Fred Couples won The Masters in 1992, the 52-year-old finds himself tied for the lead with Jason Dufner at 5 under. When a reporter asked Couples if he thinks he can win, he replied with no hesitation, “yes, I feel I can!”
England, South Africa, Sweden, Scotland, Spain, Italy and USA… it’s an international leaderboard after the first round of The Masters.
CBS will be covering the final rounds of the 2012 Masters Tournament on Saturday, April 7th and Sunday, April 8th. The following golfers are who I believe to be the top 6 contenders to compete this week.
This year, it may be the most compelling of all the tournaments as the game’s heavyweights set to square off in what should be the most memorable of battles.
Bill Haas made the biggest putt of them all Sunday at Riviera — the putt that won the Northern Trust Open.
One shot clipped an ash tree and kept Phil Mickelson out of worse trouble than he was in. Another landed behind a Bottle Brush, blocking his path to the 10th green at Riviera. On yet another hole, Mickelson had to thread a 9-iron through the limbs of five eucalyptus trees.
Phil Mickelson wasn’t at his best Friday at Riviera. Two shots at least helped him stay in the lead.
The winning point for Tiger Woods. A perfect record for Jim Furyk. And validation for U.S. captain Fred Couples. The Americans won the Presidents Cup as a team, 19-15, avenging their worst loss ever in any cup competition 13 years ago.
Luke Donald and Phil Mickelson have a real shot at winning the Tour Championship and the FedEx Cup, but they might a little help from the top ranked FedEx Cup players.
Phil Mickelson has finally changed his putter in his bag, but will continue to work with both putters well into the off-season.
Bubble player Troy Matteson is off to a fast start, Charl Schwartzel is ready for the stretch run after a week off and Phil Mickelson is turning to a belly putter to help his putting woes.
As Mickelson prepares for the FedEx Cup Playoffs, he wants to put him self in position to add to his $5 million in earnings this year.
David Toms and Phil Mickelson were trying to get in position to stage a rematch of their duel at Atlanta Athletic Club a decade ago.
The PGA Championship is this year’s final major and without the presence of a dominant player in the field, the player with the best fortune during the week will be the most likely winner.
Rory McIlroy finished 25th at the Open Championship. He’s ready to move on to a tournament for which weather isn’t such a factor.
Although Phil Mickelson did not win The Open Championship, his game has finally come back and is now in a position to win some tournaments or even a major or two.
Ten years after he last contended in a major, no longer in the top 100 in the world, Darren Clarke delivered his defining moment Sunday in the British Open when he held off brief challenges from Phil Mickelson and Dustin Johnson to win golf’s oldest championship.
Dan Reardon at the U.S. Open. Phil Mickelson’s poor performance continues. Rory McIlroy became the first player in US Open history to get to 13 under par. Sergio Garcia and others played the third round of the U.S. Open without hitting golf balls to warm-up. The easier course for the third round didn’t tighten up the leaderboard.
Notes from the U.S. Open. McIlroy soars while Mickelson struggles. Amateur Patrick Cantlay is settling in at his first Open. Second-place Yang benefits from McIlroy’s strong play.
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Search Dog Tracks Missing Student To LakefrontVolunteers, friends and family were out in force Tuesday morning, resuming the search for a missing University of Chicago student.586
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!