Bode Dockal has witnessed not one but two perfect games in his short life. On April 21, Bode’s father, Paul, took his son to his first baseball game.
The Chicago White Sox spent nearly a month in first place. Then they arrived in Detroit, where so much has gone wrong for them over the last couple seasons.
Kevin Youkilis hit his first homer at Fenway Park as a visitor, driving a three-run shot over the Green Monster to lead the Chicago White Sox to a 7-5 win over the Boston Red Sox on Tuesday night.
The Chicago White Sox have placed right-handed pitcher Gavin Floyd on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to July 8, with right elbow tendinitis.
The White Sox have been noticeably silent on the health status of John Danks, who hasn’t made an appearance for the White Sox since May 19.
Right-handed pitcher Philip Humber was placed on the 15-day disabled list with a right elbow flexor strain and outfielder Kosuke Fukudome was designated for assignment.
The Chicago White Sox just kept pecking away at Chad Billingsley until they scraped across enough runs to give Philip Humber an early cushion to work with. He gave it all back before his teammates pushed across one more run and closed it out with a solid effort by their bullpen.
The White Sox are a first place team, but is it really smart for them to go for it all this season? That’s a major question we ponder in this week’s mailbag.
Philip Humber didn’t match the performance in his previous win. Nearly impossible to do that. After more than a month without a win, though, he was still pretty happy.
Paul Konerko was named American League Player of the Week Tuesday, marking the second time this season he has received the honor.
When the season started, the White Sox appeared to have decent starting pitching, but question marks everywhere else.
Philip Humber snapped out of his post-perfect game slump. This time, the rest of the Chicago White Sox let him down.
Humber couldn’t get out of the third inning Monday as the Cleveland Indians pounded Chicago’s right-hander, who threw a perfect game on April 21, in an 8-6 win over the White Sox in the first game of a day-night doubleheader.
Carlos Santana and Travis Hafner homered to lead the Cleveland Indians to a 6-3 win over the Chicago White Sox on Wednesday night.
Which is the better performance, a perfect game or Kerry Wood’s 20 strikeout game against the Astros?
For the first time in his up-and-down career, White Sox pitcher Philip Humber is getting the national spotlight.
The White Sox are offering specially-priced tickets for their game against the Boston Red Sox Thursday, as Philip Humber returns for the mound after pitching a perfect game this past weekend.
Two days after throwing the 21st perfect game in Major League Baseball history, White Sox pitcher Philip Humber was named American League Player of the Week.
The road to perfection has been a long, grueling process for Philip Humber.
When Philip Humber was drafted No. 3 overall by the Met in 2004, expectations where high.
- The List: Chicago Schools To Be ClosedThe Chicago School Board voted to close 49 underutilized or underperforming elementary schools on Wednesday as part of a plan to close a $1 billion budget deficit.492
- Board Votes To Close 49 Chicago Elementary SchoolsThe Chicago Board of Education on Wednesday voted to close 49 elementary schools, in what is believed to be the biggest single mass shutdown of schools in U.S. history.4834
- Lockdown Lifted At Morton West High SchoolMorton West High School has been placed on lock down for precautionary reasons after an unknown individual entered the building.558
- Former Glenbard East Student Accused Of Planning Columbine-Type AttackA 19-year-old former student at Glenbard East High School in Lombard was in custody on Wednesday, accused of planning a "Columbine-style" attack on the school, with a list of people he wanted to target.561
- Woman Robs North Side BankA woman robbed a Lakeview bank Tuesday afternoon on the city’s North Side.262
- Four Schools To Be Spared From Closing; Another To Be DelayedHours before a final vote by the Chicago Board of Education, Chicago Public Schools officials have agreed to back off of plans to close four of the 53 elementary schools targeted for closing at the end of the school year, Board Vice President Jesse Ruiz confirmed Wednesday morning.415
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!