When the Blackhawks face the Coyotes in Phoenix Thursday night, they’ll once again be facing the man that has become public enemy No. 1 in Chicago: Raffi Torres.
Raffi Torres, who is currently appealing a 25-game suspension, reached out to Marian Hossa about a week after he delivered the illegal hit that knocked the Blackhawks’ winger out for the rest of the series.
Phoenix Coyotes forward Raffi Torres and the NHLPA will appeal the 25-game suspension he received for his hit that knocked Marian Hossa out of the playoffs.
Though many fans would want anyone but Stan Bowman doing the fixing, the guess here is that president John McDonough will give his general manager one more try and righting the Hawks wayward ship.
The Blackhawks should not go patting themselves on the back or giving themselves any points because they lost to a formidable opponent. It was a lost and ho-hum season.
When you look back on it, the 2011-2012 Blackhawks season was a pretty forgettable one.
Whether the captain was directing a telling postgame comment towards Stan Bowman or not, Blackhawks fans will hope the general manger catches wind of Toews’ message and takes action.
So what does Shaw’s return mean for the Hawks?
Brendan Shanahan explains why Raffi Torres got a 25-game suspension for his hit on Marian Hossa.
Phoenix Coyotes forward Raffi Torres has been suspended 25 games for his hit Tuesday night on Marian Hossa that resulted in the Blackhawks winger getting carried off the ice on a stretcher.
The series will now shift to Phoenix where the ‘Hawks must win to stay alive. The deficit, however, isn’t a shock to one Blackhawks expert.
670 The Score’s Dan McNeil says in the Chicago Tribune that the Blackhawks’ playoff series against the Phoenix Coyotes will go seven games, “if the Hawks can rally.”
The Coyotes are league owned and constantly battle rumors and reports of the team moving out of Glendale, Ariz.
Playoff hockey is supposed to be about speed, play-making and memorable goals.
The Blackhawks would be wise to leave revenge to the powers that be. Not only is violence, physicality, and goonery not their game, but they can’t afford to get in to an “eye for an eye” situation.
The Blackhawks are hoping to even the score in more ways than one in Game 4 against the Phoenix Coyotes at the United Center Thursday night.
Phoenix TV analyst Tyson Nash amazingly said “that is as clean of a hit as you are going to get.” Then, after many replays, Nash reiterates, “I don’t have a problem with this.”
NHL punishment czar Brendan Shanahan caught so much flack for his soft, inexplicable non-suspension of Shea Weber, that I was worried he would overcompensate and hammer Andrew Shaw far worse than deserved.
This probably won’t surprise anyone, but Phoenix Coyotes forward Raffi Torres doesn’t think there was anything wrong with his hit on Marian Hossa.
Mikkel Boedker scored 13:15 into overtime, and the Phoenix Coyotes beat the Chicago Blackhawks 3-2 on Tuesday night to take a 2-1 lead in their wild and physical opening-round Western Conference playoff series.
- Storms Likely On Monday Afternoon, EveningWarm, humid air over Chicago is likely to create some strong, isolated thunderstorms around the evening rush hour on Monday.431
- Three Teens Arrested After Large Fight On Lakefront On South SideThree teens were arrested on Sunday, after police broke up a large fight along the lakefront in the Jackson Park neighborhood.337
- Charred Body Found In Dumpster After Fire ExtinguishedAbout 11:05 p.m. firefighters were called to the 3100 block of North Kimball Avenue in the Avondale neighborhood after receiving a report of a dumpster blaze in a nearby alley.156
- 5 Dead, 18 Wounded In Weekend ViolenceFive people have been killed and at least 18 others wounded — including a 12-year-old boy left in critical condition — in shootings across the city since Friday night.7474
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!