First it was pigeons and then, the homeless. Hundreds of protestors in uptown are angry at the alderman there over what they say are decisions that don’t respect his constituents, reports CBS 2’s Dana Kozlov.
The pigeon war in Uptown continued raging on Friday, with some of the combatants refusing to give up.
Mystery solved. We now know who hauled off dozens of pigeons from the Uptown neighborhood to northwestern Indiana, and why he did it.
Reached in person Thursday, Ald. James Cappleman tried to steer the conversation to other problems in his ward. CBS 2′s Brad Edwards reports.
The Indiana Department of Natural Resources has launched a criminal investigation into allegations pigeons have been scooped up in Chicago, and improperly transported to Indiana.
Chicago without pigeons is like Chicago without the lakefront, or the lions at the Art Institute, or the Cubs, or City Hall.
Ald. James Cappelman (46th) arranged for 60 to 70 pigeons to be captured in the Uptown neighborhood, in the 4700 block of North Broadway Avenue, then taken to a farm in Indiana.
Ald. James Cappelman (46th) has introduced an ordinance that would significantly increase the penalties for feeding pigeons – making it a crime punishable by up to six months in jail and a fine of up to $1,000.
The Village of Oak Park has decided against a proposal to kill pigeons roosting under the Marion Street Metra train viaduct near the downtown shopping district.
Oak Park is set to move ahead with discussion of euthanizing pigeons at a village board meeting Monday.
The pigeon-poop problem has gotten so bad in Oak Park village trustees proposed a measure Monday night that would allow for the birds to be humanely euthanized.
A 5-foot 2-inch, 110-pound Uptown neighborhood woman is charged with shoving Ald. James Cappleman (46th) after he cleared away the breadcrumbs she had spread for pigeons.
Commuters are calling it everything from cute to disgusting – dozens of pigeons warming themselves under the heating lamps at Loop ‘L’ stops.
An Uptown neighborhood news blog is calling on someone to do something about the “hordes” of pigeons that are congregating near the Red Line ‘L’ tracks just north of the Wilson stop.
- Bakery Blunder Makes ‘Cat Cake’ A Viral SensationOf all the cat memes on the Internet, this one takes the cake.900
- Initial Tests ID Glittery Substance Along BeachIndiana environmental officials were investigating whether a Porter County manufacturer was responsible for a slick of glittery material that kept many swimmers out of Porter Beach on Monday.1095
- Weekend Death Toll Rises To 8 After Two Men Die Of Gunshot InjuriesTwo men critically wounded in weekend shootings died Monday, raising the death toll for 2013’s most violent weekend to eight. At least 39 other people were wounded in shootings across the city, authorities said.163
- Mystery Substance Prompts Closure Of Indiana BeachSwimmers have been ordered out of Lake Michigan at Porter Beach because of a substance in the water. WBBM's Nancy Harty has more.6566
- Man Dies After His Head Is Impaled On Fence During FightA man was murdered Sunday night by someone who struck him in the head, causing him to become impaled on a wrought iron fence in the South Side Burnside neighborhood.3601
- Indiana Woman Who Received Death Sentence At 16 Released From PrisonThe first taste of freedom in 27 years, that's what a 43-year-old woman from Gary, Indiana is enjoying tonight, after going to prison for murder. Roseanne Tellez reports, she has an unlikely supporter as she starts her new life: her victim's grandson.263
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Sonata Hybrid Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!