Conditions were pleasant overnight, but violence spilled onto the streets of Chicago in many areas – leaving three people dead and at least five others wounded from 4 p.m. Monday to 4 a.m. Tuesday.
Chicago Police were questioning a man Tuesday morning about two devices found in a trash can the day before, which led to an evacuation in Pilsen.
Two controversial coal-fired power plants in Chicago reportedly are being phased out.
Allegations were coming to light on Tuesday against the principal of a Chicago public school in the Pilsen neighborhood. Teachers have filed dozens of complaints against the man in his five years as principal.
Bond was set at $750,000 Sunday for a Pilsen man charged with raping a 26-year-old woman in Bucktown early Saturday.
Residents of the Little Village and Pilsen neighborhoods have filed class-action lawsuits against two coal-fired power plants.
Crews have patched a 36-inch water main that ruptured in the Pilsen neighborhood Monday night, but full repairs were still underway and residents were still facing a long cleanup process after homes and businesses were flooded.
A brothel madam from the Little Village neighborhood is going to prison for eight years, for forcing girls as young as 16 into the sex trade.
Despite the rain Thursday, the Pilsen community turned out to unveil a mural dedicated to peace and tolerance — a mural the artists say has been defaced twice already.
A teenage boy was wounded in a South Side shooting Wednesday night in the Pilsen neighborhood.
Authorities have charged a man with slamming into a bicyclist and killing him in the Pilsen neighborhood, then driving off.
A driver has been arrested, after police say he struck and killed a man on a bicycle in the Pilsen neighborhood early Tuesday.
Two months after the Illinois DREAM Act passed the General Assembly, Gov. Pat Quinn is expected to sign it into law Monday.
Mayor Rahm Emanuel has some sharp words for the operator of two coal-burning power plants in the area.
Imagine sending your kids to school every day not knowing if the air they’re breathing could harm them. That’s what parents of students at Perez Elementary School in Pilsen have been struggling with.
Illinois and local officials will be available Saturday for residents of the Little Village and Pilsen neighborhoods of Chicago to discuss the mortgage crisis.
Chicago’s lower West side community of Pilsen has a strong Hispanic and artistic presence and is known as an affordable place to raise a family. It’s a great neighborhood to wander around and explore, with loads of public art and storefront galleries…
An elderly woman is in the hospital this morning, injured in a fire in the Pilsen neighborhood.
An elderly woman was injured in an extra-alarm blaze which appeared to be sparked by children playing with fireworks in the Pilsen neighborhood.
Parents sitting in at the Whittier Elementary School fieldhouse let a construction deadline come and go Tuesday.
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.247
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotPolice responded to calls of shots fired about 4:34 p.m. and found the man, whose age and identity were not immediately released, shot in the front seat of a vehicle in the 2800 block of Sheridan Road.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Senate Passes Ban On Handheld Cell Phones While DrivingThe proposal says drivers must use hands-free devices or speakerphone features.127
- Three Stabbed On Northwest SideThree teenagers were stabbed in the Belmont Cragin area Thursday night on the Northwest Side.142
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!