Tensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago’s Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM’s Nancy Harty.
A pit bull that had already attacked one person in the Englewood neighborhood Wednesday morning was shot dead by a Chicago Police sergeant as it attacked a 16-year-old boy on his way to school.
CHICAGO (CBS) — The end to the story of a pregnant pit bull, discovered in Park Forest Palm Sunday, with burns to 25 percent of her body, is a tear-jerker, reports WBBM’s Michele Fiore. Nearly […]
The dog was found on the side of the road near Monee. She’d been lit on fire, and might have been hit by a car
Chicago police chased down and arrested six people who robbed a pizza delivery driver at gunpoint, then sent a pit bull after responding officers Tuesday night in the South Shore neighborhood.
An off-duty police officer shot and killed a pit bull in Chicago’s Logan Square neighborhood yesterday.
Police have cited a Glen Ellyn man after an 11 month old girl was bitten in the face by his pit bull.
Police say a Chicago man used a dog to escape officers serving a search warrant in the Englewood neighborhood Tuesday night.
A Chicago Police officer shot and killed a dog early Friday, while breaking up a squatters’ party on the city’s West Side.
A family from south suburban Steger is suing a Chicago police officer, claiming he failed to restrain his pit bull, which killed the family’s Pomeranian mix at Montrose Beach in March.
What started out as some nice time outside on a nice day on Wednesday resulted in Elgin firefighters being barricaded in their fire station because of a couple of vicious dogs.
It turns out the man who walked off after his pit bull mauled a tiny dog to death was a Chicago Police officer. That officer has been ticketed and relieved of his police powers while the department investigates his actions.
A Chicago Police officer shot and killed a pit bull which attacked other pets Tuesday morning in the Garfield Ridge neighborhood on the Southwest Side.
Police continue to search for the owner of a pit bull that killed another family’s smaller dog on the Montrose Dog Beach last month.
It took just seconds; a dog that was supposed to be playing on the beach ended up dangling from the jaws of another dog, dying and unable to fight back. Now, there’s a huge push to find the owner of the animal that reportedly attacked.
A Wicker Park man is facing charges after a neighbor reportedly saw him dragging a puppy down a sidewalk this morning.
A serious dog fight is brewing in Chicago. Some city officials are mulling over a possible ban on the pit bull breed after a jogger was attacked Monday morning, but a disabled Chicago Army veteran is worried he’ll lose his service dog as a result.
As a man fights for his life after being attacked by what were reported to be pit bulls, Ald. Robert Fioretti (2nd) says it is time for the City Council again to consider banning the breed.
A retired Chicago Police Officer and his wife are celebrating, now that a federal judge has allowed the officer’s service dog to come home and live with the couple in their home in Iowa even though the town bans pit bulls.
A disabled former Chicago police officer who’s been forced to give up his service dog now has a court date scheduled to try to get the dog back.
- BREAKING: Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- Employee At Dunbar High Suspended After Pushing Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Four Hurt In Wrong-Way Crash On Chicago SkywayA 25-year-old man has been cited for driving the wrong way on the Chicago Skyway, after a head-on crash with a pickup truck Thursday morning that sent four people to hospitals.232
- Student Pulled Over And Robbed By Phony Police OfficerA man driving an unmarked white Ford Crown Victoria with interior flashing red and blue lights pulled the student over near Ballard and Bender roads in Des Plaines as she was driving to school around 7:30 a.m. on May 20.340
- Census Data: Chicago Slowest Growing Big City In U.S.Chicago gained nearly 10,000 people from July 2011 to July 2012, but was the slowest-growing major city in the country according to U.S. Census Bureau estimates released Thursday.130
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!