Danica Patrick came to New Hampshire bruised – literally and figuratively – after a bad weekend at Daytona.
Danica Patrick had a fast car. Danica Patrick had confidence. Danica Patrick was the one to beat. But at Daytona, nothing is guaranteed, especially a win.
Danica Patrick, and the rest of the Nationwide series field, had no chance against Austin Dillon at Kentucky Speedway during the Feed the Children 300.
Danica Patrick gained a lot of respect – from fans, media and fellow drivers – during the Sargento 200 at Road America this weekend.
The Irish Hills of Michigan were not kind to Danica Patrick in the Alliance Truck Parts 250 at Michigan International Speedway.
While the Nationwide Series had an off weekend, Danica Patrick set her sights on another new adventure. Invited by team owner Tony Stewart, Patrick headed to Rossburg, Ohio and Eldora Speedway for the eighth annual Prelude To The Dream, a Dirt Late Model Race with proceeds benefiting Feed The Children on June 6th.
Memorial Day weekend is famous for its racing. The Indianapolis 500 and the Coca-Cola 600 are American traditions and winning one of these two are high on a driver’s wish list.
The weekend started off well for Patrick, finishing ninth in the only practice and qualifying ninth in a field that included only one Cup driver (Kurt Busch). The Cup regulars and Truck series drivers were in Charlotte, so many chose not to pull double duty.
The Lady in Black had a date with the Lady in Green this weekend at Darlington Raceway, better known as the track “too tough to tame.” Danica Patrick was set to make her first start in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series since Daytona and all eyes were on her.
In January, on the NASCAR Sprint Media Tour hosted by Charlotte Motor Speedway, Danica Patrick announced she would skip the Indianapolis 500 in order to race in the Coca-Cola 600. This came as a surprise to many, as it had been rumored her contract to drive full-time for JR Motorsports allowed her to take time off to run the famous race she always spoke fondly of but never won (her highest finish was third in 2009).
She strutted into the media center for her availability, wearing beads she received while on Talladega Boulevard, a traditional fan and driver favorite hangout while at the superspeedway. Not one to miss a sponsor plug, she told the media they would have to go to to godaddy.com to find out how she got them.
For the first time since Danica Patrick announced she was switching from IndyCar to NASCAR, the biggest story out of Richmond this weekend was not the driver of the No. 7 GoDaddy Chevrolet. Extreme sports rock star Travis Pastrana made his debut in the series after putting it off for a year when he broke his ankle and foot at the X Games last year.
With another off weekend for the NASCAR Nationwide Series, we thought it would be beneficial to hit a few key topics from the season up until now. Here are the hottest topics around the garage.
While the biggest story in NASCAR this weekend was the roar of engines at Rockingham Speedway – after an eight year absence – in the form of NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, the NASCAR Sprint Cup and Nationwide Series were at Texas Motor Speedway after their first break of the season.
Last week in Martinsville, while Danica Patrick relaxed far away from the track during her off weekend from the Nationwide series, David Reutimann, her co-pilot of the No. 10 Stewart-Haas/Tommy Baldwin Racing machine, brought out an ill-timed caution.
By: Farrah Kaye While the NASCAR Camping World Truck and Sprint Cup Series took to the Martinsville “paperclip,” the NASCAR Nationwide Series had a rare weekend off, the first of two in a row. Since […]
By: Farrah Kaye While the IndyCar series was in St. Petersburg, Fla. for its season-opener, the NASCAR Nationwide Series was in Fontana, Calif. for the fifth race of the season at Auto Club Speedway. Danica […]
By Farrah Kaye Danica Patrick hoped luck would be on her side this weekend at Bristol. After all, she would be racing on St. Patrick’s Day in a four-leaf clover-covered racecar. And her last name […]
By: Farrah Kaye The last time Danica Patrick was at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, she was in an IndyCar, making her final appearance as a series regular. In what should have been a great day, […]
By: Farrah Kaye After a long stay in Daytona, Scottsdale, Ariz., resident Danica Patrick was happy to get home to her own bed. She spent the few days between the races relaxing and getting a […]
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- School Warns Parents Of Kidnapping Attempt On PlaygroundA man tried to abduct a 4th grader from the playground at Alexander Graham Bell Elementary School at 3730 N Oakley Ave on Wednesday.150
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!