Cody Ransom hit a tiebreaking, three-run homer in the seventh inning and Edwin Jackson pitched the Chicago Cubs to a 4-1 victory over the Pittsburgh Pirates on Sunday.
The Pirates tagged Cubs starter Jeff Samardzija (3-7) for eight hits, including Alvarez’s two-run home run in the fourth, his team-high 13th of the year. The right-hander struck out seven in six innings.
Francisco Liriano pitched two-hit ball over seven innings and the Pirates beat the Chicago Cubs 2-0 Friday for their major league-leading 10th shutout, matching Pittsburgh’s total for all of last season.
Francisco Liriano continued his torrid start, scattering two hits over seven innings and the Pittsburgh Pirates edged the Chicago Cubs 1-0 on Wednesday night.
Garza allowed one hit over five shutout innings in his first outing in 10 months, but the Pirates pounced on a Chicago bullpen that is 10th in the National League in ERA by sending 11 men to the plate in the sixth.
Travis Wood allowed one hit over six innings and the Chicago Cubs held off the Pittsburgh Pirates 3-2 on Thursday.
Edwin Jackson gave up two runs in five innings but lost to the Pirates for the first time in seven career starts. The Cubs produced just two singles and only put a runner on third once.
With a little time, Starling Marte and the Pirates could make waves throughout baseball.
The Red Sox have acquired All-Star closer Joel Hanrahan from the Pittsburgh Pirates in a six-player deal.
A ground-breaking report from Dejan Kovacevic of the Pittsbrugh Tribune-Review claims the Pittsburgh Pirates are lying about one of their top prospects injuries after the player reportedly re-aggravated an ankle injury while he was forced to undergo unconventional training tactics.
Wrigleyville is often bustling with activity after 1 a.m., but Wrigley Field has typically long since gone dark for the night. Such was not the case in the early morning hours Tuesday, when the last pitch was thrown at 1:28 a.m. as the Cubs lost to the Pittsburgh Pirates 3-0.
Anthony Rizzo hit two home runs and drove in six to lift the Chicago Cubs to a 13-9 victory over the Pittsburgh Pirates on Sunday.
The Pittsburgh Pirates lost their seventh straight game Friday and kept fading in the NL wild-card race as Starlin Castro hit a three-run homer that sent the Chicago Cubs to a 7-4 win.
PITTSBURGH (AP) – Alfonso Soriano hit a two-run homer in the eighth inning to give the Cubs the go-ahead runs and Chicago completed a three-game sweep of the Pittsburgh Pirates with a 4-2 win on […]
On Saturday afternoon, Chicago Cubs manager Dale Sveum said he was planning on relaxing any pitch count restrictions he had for Jeff Samardzija in that night’s game against the Pittsburgh Pirates.
Michael McKenry and Starling Marte homered to back a strong start by Jeff Karstens, and the Pittsburgh Pirates beat the Chicago Cubs 8-4 on Wednesday.
A.J. Burnett took a no-hitter into the eighth inning, Neil Walker drove in five runs and the Pittsburgh Pirates beat Chicago 5-0 after the Cubs traded ace Ryan Dempster on Tuesday.
Kevin Correia, in jeopardy of losing his spot in Pittsburgh’s crowded starting rotation, pitched six effective innings Wednesday and Garrett Jones hit a tiebreaking double to lead the Pirates to a 3-2 victory over the Chicago Cubs.
Paul Maholm pitched eight strong innings Tuesday night to win his fifth straight start and lead the Chicago Cubs over the Pittsburgh Pirates 5-1.
The White Sox claimed left-handed pitcher Daniel Moskos off waivers from the Pittsburgh Pirates Friday and optioned him to Triple-A Charlotte.
- Divers Pull Body From Lake Michigan On South SideA young man's body has been pulled from Lake Michigan, not far from where a missing University of Chicago student is believed to have been when he vanished during last week's thunderstorms.405
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.4254
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!