The Big East tournament will have a touch of a wake to it this week. When games end, there will be plenty of reminiscing about rivalries and talk of what is to come.
Trey Zeigler scored a season-high 18 points and Pittsburgh crushed DePaul 93-55 on Saturday night for its fourth straight victory.
The NFL is looking to create parity across the league, but 2012 is starting to look a lot like 2011.
Football fans, rejoice, the NFL is back! Week 1 features a few intriguing divisional matchups, as well as a heavyweight bout between two elite NFC teams. Here’s my take on how all of this weekend’s action will shake out.
Brandon Young scored 26 points, including a three-point play with 1.3 seconds left, as DePaul beat Pittsburgh 84-81 Thursday night.
Lately I’ve been hearing a lot about how watered-down college basketball is and while I can’t completely disagree, it sure has made tournament exciting.
All the buzz this Monday revolves around seeding, matchups and bracket busters. In my world, there are only two ways to fill out a winning bracket.
The initial matchups for the 2011 NCAA Tournament have officially been set, now it’s time for every sports fan to play college basketball expert and pick their way through the matchups and into the Final Four.
As expected the Big East got 11 teams in the NCAA Tournament. The record-setting number is as much of a product of the toughness of the league, as it is a show of the weakness of the entire field.
Don’t feel bad…..you are not alone. March Madness has become as American as the Air Jordans (made in China).
Ok, so the NCAA field is lame. The 68 slots are bloated with bleh, NBA scouts are muttering about the lack of future impact players, and we’re fresh off a pretty ordinary season, to put it nicely.
After fans stormed the court twice in the span of three days in wins over No. 1 ranked teams, who is college basketball’s best team?
Sam Quigley had 17 points and nine assists, and Keisha Hampton scored 15 points to help No. 24 DePaul overcome a slow start and beat Pittsburgh 67-51 on Tuesday night in the Big East opener for both teams.
The DePaul Blue Demons start their season on November 14th against Chicago State. When they do, they’ll do so with low expectations from coaches around the Big East. The Blue Demons were picked to finish […]
SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) Brian Kelly’s address has changed and so have his players. The style, though, is much the same now that he’s at Notre Dame. Pitt coach Dave Wannstedt knows what to expect […]
SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) Brian Kelly got plenty of TV face time as he worked his spread offense from the sidelines and chewed out assorted players for various lapses during a pivotal victory for Notre […]
- Two Charged With River North BurglariesTwo people have been charged with burglary in connection with a spate of robberies this month in the River North neighborhood.98
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!