CBS 2′S Brad Edwards went inside a shelter in the southwest suburbs that’s given one resident peace of mind for a lifetime.
“It’s been an emotional, exhausting journey,” Jennifer Wood said.
The funeral service was held this morning in Palos Hills for Kevin Sanders, the former south suburban firefighter who was among 15 people killed two weeks ago in a fertilizer plant explosion in Texas.
At the Plainfield Dire District, three flags fluttered at half staff, one with a lone star for the one lost there from here.
Earlier this week it was confirmed that Kevin Sanders, a 33-year-old paramedic and firefighter, was among the dead. The blast in West, Texas last week injured hundreds.
The former southwest suburban teacher who became embroiled in a sex scandal with a male student said she wished “with all of my heart” that she could “take it back.”
The driver of a car that became disabled in traffic on the Stevenson Expressway early Wednesday near southwest suburban Plainfield was killed when a semi plowed into his car and another car that stopped to help.
Brian Cooper, of Plainfield, Ill., is accused of strangling Alisha Bromfield at a Door County resort last summer. The couple was on the peninsula for a wedding.
Plainfield Police stopped a speeding car almost a week ago. Not news, you say?
A former local youth soccer coach is heading to prison after pleading guilty Monday to one count of aggravated criminal sexual abuse and one count of aggravated child pornography.
Ryan Knudsen, 22, of Plainfield, was struck while walking on the shoulder of I-55, just north of Route 30, around 5:22 a.m., according to Illinois State Police Joliet District 5.
Plainfield School District 202 says a third-party website it uses to process job applications was hacked by someone who sent an obscene email to thousands of current and former job-seekers.
Plainfield Police Chief John Konopek has withdrawn his request to be allowed to install locked gun safes in three of District 202’s four high schools and its alternative school, Plainfield Academy.
Prosecutors in Door County, Wisc., say they’re preparing homicide charges against a Plainfield man after a pregnant woman was murdered over the weekend.
A proposal involving schools and guns is up for a vote in suburban Plainfield – and it actually involves bringing more guns to schools.
One person was hospitalized Tuesday morning after a shooting and possible burglary inside an apartment building in Plainfield.
Police on Friday morning were questioning a suspect in the deadly hit-and-run crash in which a Cook County corrections officer was killed.
Six people—including an infant and a toddler—were seriously injured after an accident Saturday that involved two cars and a motorcycle in Southwest suburban Plainfield.
A fire erupted at a home in southwest suburban Plainfield on Wednesday, then spread to a neighboring home, destroying both houses.
A Plainfield motorcyclist died in a crash with a sport-utility vehicle Friday afternoon on Interstate 80 near southwest suburban Shorewood.
- Body Found In Lake Is Missing U Of C StudentAuthorities have confirmed the body found in Lake Michigan early Wednesday belonged to a University of Chicago student who has been missing for a week.692
- Lewis Points Finger At ‘Rich White People’ For School ProblemsA day before the first set of school closings was set to begin, Chicago Teachers Union President Karen Lewis had some harsh words about how the Chicago Public Schools are funded and managed, blaming much of the district’s problems on racism.5989
- Man Shot To Death In South Suburban HomewoodNineteen-year-old Homewood resident Henry Kormoi died from at least one gunshot wound he suffered near home in the 1100 block of 187th Street.112
- State Discontinues Healthcare Funding For Disabled Stroke VictimUnconscionable. That's what a doctor calls a state decision to cut care funding for a patient.311
- Teen Says He Got E. Coli From Burrito At Lombard RestaurantA local teen says he got sick because of a burrito he ate from a local restaurant that's now the focus of an e coli outbreak.158
- Natura Pet Issues New Dog And Cat Food RecallNebraska-based Natura Pet Products has announced a new voluntary recall of multiple brands of dry pet food and treats. The decision comes after a positive test for Salmonella on April 3.7491
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!