State lawmakers have passed legislation that would mandate schools that teach sex education in Illinois also would have to give students information about birth control.
Police are trying to nail down details about a man who was shot by an off-duty Merrillville police officer after the two engaged in a physical altercation outside of the Merrillville Planned Parenthood Health Center on Monday afternoon.
A police-involved shooting occurred in the parking lot of a Planned Parenthood office in Merrillville, Ind. Monday afternoon.
Activist Sandra Fluke was the main honoree. The Georgetown University law school student became a household name last year when a talk show host called her a prostitute because she tried to lobby Congress for mandatory health care coverage of birth control.
Nearly 1,000 people attended a Planned Parenthood fundraiser Wednesday marking the 40th anniversary of the U.S. Supreme Court decision that legalized abortion. Protesters hoisting graphic six-foot-tall photographs of aborted fetuses greeted those who attended the fundraiser.
Ken Cuccinelli aspires to be the next governor of Virginia after spending four years trying to deny women’s health care rights, blocking Obamacare and forcing his ideology and personal beliefs on the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Indiana can’t cut off funding for Planned Parenthood just because the organization provides abortions, a federal appeals court ruled Tuesday.
The mother of a 24-year-old woman who died after an abortion in July filed a wrongful death lawsuit Monday against Planned Parenthood of Illinois and Northwestern Memorial Hospital.
If you like the GOP war on women, you are going to love Paul Ryan. After all, Ryan’s record on women’s health could easily be mistaken for one of W. Mitt Romney’s primary opponents, Rick Santorum.
Documents about the abortion performed for a West Side woman – and her subsequent death – reveal some new details about her final hours last Friday.
The family of a Chicago woman who died after an abortion at Planned Parenthood says it wants answers about her death.
Instead of working on the economy the GOP has focused on denying women access to health care.
Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney made a crack about the purported Chicago tradition of voting early and often Friday, as he campaigned at a restaurant in Rosemont.
Following a stinging backlash, The Susan G. Komen Cancer Foundation will resume funding for cancer screenings through Planned Parenthood.
U.S. Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.) is expressing extreme disappointment with the decision by the Susan G. Komen Foundation to stop funding cancer screening provided by Planned Parenthood.
The number of abortions performed in Illinois fell to a 37-year low in 2010.
A Planned Parenthood clinic on the city’s Near North Side is now offering vasectomies for men who do not want children or who feel their families are complete.
Federal officials are reviewing a new Indiana law that restricts public funding for Planned Parenthood.
Planned Parenthood now says it will have to turn away 9,300 Medicaid patients at its clinics in Indiana, since state lawmakers have voted to eliminate all of the group’s public funding.
Planned Parenthood held a midday rally in the Loop to protest the recent vote in the House of Representatives that would bar all federal funding for the organization, which provides health care to poor women, including abortions.
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!