“The Exonerated” follows the stories of six people who were sentenced to death row and eventually absolved and set free.
This time of year–winter break after Christmas–most of the parents I know are in search of two things: a way to entertain the troops that does not include TV, and a little warmth. Last year we discovered the wonders of a place that offers both when we ventured to the Chicago Botanic Garden. Since our first trip there, we’ve since become much more acquainted, so here’s a little guide to the garden with kids during the winter.
Much to my boys’ dismay, we simply cannot spend every minute of daylight each day of summer vacation at the park, the pool or at the beach. There are days we all simply need to relax, and well, the house isn’t self-cleaning and dinner isn’t self-preparing, so even if we table the relaxing idea, there are days (even in the gloriousness of summer vacation) when we simply must be homebound in order to keep alive and partially clean. This is where the backyard comes in…
Creative and imaginative play often comes naturally from the ever-learning-and-exploring minds of children, so there’s oftentimes no need to spend a whole lot of money on costumes or accessories. Here’s a simple guide to gathering resources for a costume and scene-setting trunk that will keep your little ones’ play time running wild even if there’s a return to indoor play with Chicago weather featuring characteristic all-day rains that are typical for our Midwestern spring.
Chicago’s North Michigan Avenue is the place to shop ‘til you drop. From high-end boutiques to funky fashion hotspots, there’s a shop to satisfy everyone. Even kids will find a shop or two that meets their wildest shopping dreams. Here are my top seven picks for fun and kid-friendly shops on the Magnificent Mile.
A little neighborhood theatre located in Bucktown, Gorilla Tango creates a feeling of closeness for those who attend shows there. Literally. It only seats about fifty people, but I think this works in its favor, closing that gap of separation you might feel while watching a bigger production, pulling the crowd into everything that happens onstage just a little bit more.
The dawn of a new year is particularly exciting for local theatre-goers, as it signals the start of new seasons of productions around town. While the Broadway-style shows in the Loop often steal the limelight, there’s never a shortage of top-quality theatre to experience outside of downtown. Neighborhood theatres are too often one of those things that people discover only after having lived in a particular area for a long time…
The renowned Steppenwolf Theatre is making another trip to Broadway.
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.389
- 12 Arrested After Youth ‘Flash Mobs’ Erupt On Michigan AvenueOne adult and 11 juveniles were arrested Saturday night after police responded to groups of teens running through traffic around North Michigan Avenue on the Gold Coast.410
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!