Player of the Week
Boozer had a double-double in all four games last week — including wins against the Celtics, Hawks and Raptors — including 19 points and 20 rebounds against Boston on Friday.
Third baseman Kevin Youkilis’ stellar performance during the recent White Sox homestand earned him honors as the American League Player of the week.
Chicago White Sox shortstop Alexei Ramirez has been named the American League Player of the Week for the week ending on May 22.
Paul Konerko has been named the co-American League Player of the week, for the week ending on April 10. He’ll share the honor with Cleveland’s Asdrubal Cabrera.
The Chicago Cubs’ Starlin Castro has been named co-National League Player of the week, along with St. Louis’ Jaime Garcia, for the week ending on April 3.
The Chicago White Sox’s Carlos Quentin has been named the American League’s Player of the Week, for the week ending on April 3.
The Chicago Bulls’ Derrick Rose was named the Eastern Conference player of the week, for games played Jan. 10-16.
After gaining 201 total yards on Sunday, Matt Forte has been named the NFC Offensive Player of the Week. Forte ran for 51 yards and added 151 receiving yards that included touchdown receptions of 89 […]
- Some People You Should Know: The MelodeersIt all began when barbershop patrons started singing while waiting to get their hair cut. A century or so later, the Melodeers chorus is taking the music to a dazzling new height with 140 ladies singing in unaccompanied four-part harmony. CBS 2's Harry Porterfield reports.155
- Mother Of Student Pushed Down School Stairs ‘Enraged’ At Security GuardNew video surfaced Friday that appears to show sophomore Lauren Goodlow being pushed by a male security guard. CBS 2's Dorothy Tucker reports.329
- House Passes Concealed Carry Plan Opposed By Senate LeaderGun owners in the only state still banning concealed weapons would win that right under a plan approved by the Illinois House on Friday, but the governor and other powerful Democrats oppose the plan because it would wipe out local gun ordinances -- including Chicago's ban on assault weapons.220
- Two Shot Near Roosevelt CTA StationAround 11:10 a.m., a 57-year-old man and a 30-year-old man were shot in the 1100 block of South State Street.256
- Store Owner Kidnapped In Pilsen, SUV StolenPolice said the 78-year-old man was closing the store in the 1100 block of West 18th Street when a group of men threw a pillowcase over his head, hit him in the face, and forced him into his own SUV.248
- Man Found Shot To Death In Zion Supermarket Parking LotThe man found shot to death in a parking in north suburban Zion on Thursday afternoon has been identified as a Waukegan resident.152
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!