The regular season of the NBA has come to a close and the playoffs are here. See the official schedule of games and seedings.
LeBron James scored 27 points and the Miami Heat nearly matched a franchise record for points allowed in a playoff game, pounding the listless and short-handed Chicago Bulls 88-65 on Monday night to take a 3-1 lead in the Eastern Conference semifinals.
LeBron James came on strong down the stretch to finish with 25 points, Chris Bosh added 20 points and 19 rebounds, and the Miami Heat followed up the most lopsided playoff win in franchise history with a 104-94 victory over the Chicago Bulls on Friday night to take a 2-1 lead in the Eastern Conference semifinals.
The battle for the Stanley Cup rages on. Keep up with your favorite team’s playoff schedule.
The confident aura the Golden State Warriors are giving off right now might be the only thing brighter than those yellow shirts every home fan is expected to be wearing again for Game 3 against the San Antonio Spurs on Friday night at ear-piercing Oracle Arena.
The Miami Heat and Chicago Bulls are getting ready for Friday’s pivotal game 3.
Patrick Sharp and Michael Frolik had two goals apiece, and the Blackhawks beat the Minnesota Wild 5-2 on Friday night in Game 2 of their first-round playoff series.
Deron Williams, Brook Lopez and Joe Johnson each scored 17 points, and the Brooklyn Nets again avoided elimination, beating the short-handed Chicago Bulls 95-92 Thursday to tie their first-round series at 3.
The Miami Heat’s latest spurt might have run the Milwaukee Bucks right out of the playoffs.
Carlos Boozer had 13 points and 12 rebounds, Joakim Noah gutted his way through a foot injury to make three fourth-quarter baskets, and the Chicago Bulls beat the Brooklyn Nets 90-82 on Monday night to even their first-round series at one game apiece.
Carmelo Anthony won the scoring title without playing, and the Atlanta Hawks lost their chance to move up in the East standings.
Stephen Curry looks to set an NBA record and help the Golden State Warriors build some momentum heading into the playoffs.
The time for experimenting is over. P.J. Carlesimo has to play his best guys for as long as they can go.
Ryan Leaf has taken a road that had him at the top of his game to not even having his freedom.
Coaches are allowed to change their minds, right?
Kenny Britt is going to speak to the cops, the Chargers are officially through the Norv Turner era, and the Pro Bowl still isn’t seen as a priority by everyone.
The Denver Broncos may have been upset in the playoffs by the Baltimore Ravens, but the horses are already a team to fear next season. You may ask why, but the answer is simple. Peyton Manning will once again be under center, and that is never good news for any opposing team.
And then…there were four, but only two will make it to New Orleans.
A few players are coming back for the Packers, a former Packer is now with Seattle, and a legendary coach wants to be on the sidelines again.
Coaches, coaches everywhere…and they’re taking center stage. It’s time we all remember that the playoffs are going on. Hello!
- Jail Inmate Charged With Previous Murder, Shooting In RobbinsA Cook County Jail inmate faces new charges in connection with a 2012 murder and a separate 2011 shooting in south suburban Robbins, the Cook County Sheriff’s office announced Saturday.60
- Teen Hurt In Little Village ShootingA 14-year-old boy was shot in the arm Saturday afternoon in the Southwest Side Little Village neighborhood.86
- Man Charged With Videotaping Women In Hospital WashroomA poorly secured cell phone in a west suburban hospital washroom that a man had allegedly set up to secretly videotape women in the toilet area was discovered by a woman when the phone fell to the washroom floor on Friday. She alerted police, who then arrested and charged a 49-year-old Franklin Park man with unlawful videotaping.156
- Young Man Shot Outside Old Orchard Shopping CenterA young man was wounded in a shooting in north suburban Skokie Friday night, outside the Old Orchard Shopping Center.227
- 3 Dead, 8 Shot In Citywide ViolenceThree men were killed and at least eight other people were wounded in violence around the city since Friday night.167
- Orange Line Service Resumes After Train-Pedestrian IncidentCTA commuters were temporarily stymied on the Orange Line during the Friday rush hour after a train fatally struck a man on the tracks.401
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- OREO Text-In Giveaway May 6, 2013The OREO King Size single serve packs are ideal for on the go snacking and sharing. To celebrate OREO King Size packs, text the keyword “OREO” to 67011 to enter for your chance to win a $250 Visa gift card!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!