Coaches, coaches everywhere…and they’re taking center stage. It’s time we all remember that the playoffs are going on. Hello!
The Washington Redskins and Seattle Seahawks played a game that seriously took a toll on the teams and players, but the field they played on may have delivered the biggest blows.
An opening playoff weekend of games closer than expected leads many to think that the Divisional Round could be even more exciting than first thought. Only one rookie quarterback remains though…can he pull off the upset?
Coaches staying, coaches going, coaches visiting, and one coach waits.
With the NFL playoffs now arriving, there are four games in this opening wild card round, and they’re all going to be big. Only one seems like a sure bet pick, but then again…it’s not like my selections have been spot on for most of the season.
Round and round she goes, where the NFL coaching carousel stops…no one really knows.
Black Monday is officially over, but now a new time begins in the NFL. That would be a guessing game that’s as big as free agency, and it’s the wonderment as to which coach will end up where.
(Photo Credit: Andy King/Getty Images) PLAYOFFS! Ok, now the fun really begins. In the AFC everyone is assuming it will be Patriots vs. Broncos in the title game, so these AFC wildcard teams aren’t expected […]
After riding high all season, a sense of urgency has finally swept though Halas Hall.
Doesn’t matter how bad things look for the St. Louis Cardinals. Trailing by a bunch, down to their last strike, they simply stay calm and do what it takes to win.
The Los Angeles Kings’ 45-year Stanley Cup quest ended in a triumphant flourish of blood, sweat and power-play goals. After missing two chances to claim the title last week, the long-suffering Kings are NHL champions for the first time.
Winning Game 4 of the Stanley Cup finals did more than keep the Devils alive. It gave them a sniff, a scent, a feeling. Call it momentum if you want.
Adam Henrique scored the tiebreaking goal with 4:29 to play, Martin Brodeur made 21 saves, and the New Jersey Devils beat the Los Angeles Kings 3-1 on Wednesday night to avoid a sweep in the Stanley Cup finals.
After Henrique scored the tiebreaker to win Game 4 of the Stanley Cup finals on Wednesday night, he became the first rookie to get three game-winning goals in one playoff year since 1999.
I am giving you permission to “take a break” from your team. How long? You should walk away for as long as you need.
The Los Angeles Kings are one win away from putting a Hollywood ending on one of the most spectacular playoff runs in NHL history.
Only three NHL teams have rallied from a 3-0 deficit to win a playoff series, and just one – the 1942 Toronto Maple Leafs – did it in the Stanley Cup finals.
Kevin Durant scored 27 points and the Oklahoma City Thunder are on the brink of the NBA Finals, beating the San Antonio Spurs 108-103 in Game 5 on Monday night and moving within a victory of a series knockout.
Kevin Garnett had 24 points and 11 rebounds and Rajon Rondo scored 21 points with 10 assists to lead the Boston Celtics to a 101-91 victory over the Heat in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference finals on Friday night, cutting Miami’s lead in the series to 2-1.
Kevin Durant scored 22 points, Thabo Sefolosha set playoff career-bests with 19 points and six steals, and the Oklahoma City Thunder snapped San Antonio’s 20-game winning streak by beating the Spurs 102-82 in Game 3 of the Western Conference finals on Thursday night.
- Three Stabbed On Northwest SideThree teenagers were stabbed in the Belmont Cragin area Thursday night on the Northwest Side.142
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- RT @Millennium_Park: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole … 11 hours ago
- RT @ChicagoDCASE: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole htt… 11 hours ago