A Latin Kings street gang member will serve 25 years in prison in connection with his part in the double homicide outside a Griffith restaurant in February 2007.
A former Hammond pastor accused of taking an underage girl across state lines to have sex told her their affair was not wrong, and was actually what Jesus Christ wanted.
In court documents filed as part of former Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr.’s guilty plea to charges of misusing $750,000 in campaign funds for personal expenses, federal prosecutors detailed only a portion of the illicit expenses Jackson and his wife made using campaign cash and campaign credit cards.
Formal charges against Jesse Jackson Jr. could be filed as soon as Friday and Tuesday at the latest. His plea has also implicated his wife, leading to tax fraud charges against her.
Former Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. has signed a plea deal with federal prosecutors, a deal which calls for him to plead guilty to misuse of campaign funds and let a federal judge determine whether he serves any time in prison, CBS 2 has learned.
Brian James Moudry, 36, of the 300 block of South Reed Street in Joliet, pleaded guilty to using fire to interfere with the housing rights on the basis of race, according to a release from the U.S. Attorney’s office.
A day after Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. left his second stint at the Mayo Clinic, a source close to the Jackson family said the congressman was still in Rochester, Minn., in an effort to avoid the spotlight.
Constituents in Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr.’s district have gone without representation on Capitol Hill for more than five months, and the head of the Better Government Association said Wednesday that they might have go go without a congressman for several more months, thanks to Jackson’s ongoing health and legal problems.
There has been no official response from the Jackson family to the exclusive CBS 2 report that Congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. has been negotiating a plea deal with federal prosecutors that would lead to his resignation for health reasons and likely jail time. Reactions among his constituents on Saturday were mixed.
The embattled South Side congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. would resign for health reasons, admit to misspending campaign funds and likely spend some time behind bars, CBS 2 Chief Correspondent Jay Levine has learned.
A key South Side Democrat is expressing anger in the wake of a published report that U.S. Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. might be seeking a plea deal with federal prosecutors probing his use of campaign funds.
The fired pastor of a megachurch in Hammond, Ind., has signed a plea deal in federal court, admitting he took a 17-year-old girl across state lines for sex.
A suspect suddenly backed out of a plea deal Wednesday for attacking a cab driver who later died in Zion, claiming his religious beliefs exempt him from the law.
A plea deal was in the works on Tuesday for a man accused of trying to set off a bomb near Wrigley Field on the night of a Dave Matthews Band concert last year.
A former Highland Park man found in Las Vegas decades after he was declared dead may not have to go on trial.
A federal judge rejected a plea agreement this morning for an infamous former Northwest Indiana nose doctor, and the doctor will likely now go to trial.
- Portage Theater Closed For NowThe 93-year-old landmark theater at 4050 N. Milwaukee Ave. was shut down on Friday after Ald. John Arena (45th) blocked Carranza’s application for a liquor license, according to Carranza.90
- Man Shot And Killed Inside Hyde Park HomeA murder in Hyde Park, just blocks away from President Barack Obama's home.213
- Noise From Music Fest At Chicagoland Speedway Has Neighbors Up In ArmsMost of the complaints seem to be coming from the east of the Chicagoland Speedway in new Lenox, Frankfort and Mokena as grandstands protect the other three sides.127
- Roseland Hospital Cuts Staff, Salaries To Keep Doors OpenAs it waits to hear if it’ll receive a $7 million bailout to stay open, Roseland Community Hospital laid off almost 70 employees, and other hospital employees will take a pay cut.89
- Rev. Jackson: School Closings UndemocraticOpponents of Chicago school closures are vowing to fight on, but they appear to have little chance of reversing the mayor's agenda... unless a federal judge steps in, reports WBBM's Mike Krauser.90
- Mount Prospect Man Falls To Death From Albany Park RoofA Mount Prospect man fell to his death from a roof in Albany Park Friday afternoon.113
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!