Police officers in south suburban Riverdale Wednesday wounded a man who allegedly pointed a gun at them.
Witnesses described hearing more than two dozen gunshots, and seeing people running for cover before police arrived on the scene.
Marvin Thompson, 17, is accused of pointing a blue steel Colt Cobra .38 caliber handgun at officers at 3:12 p.m. Friday in the 2000 block of East 94th Street.
A Chicago police officer shot the teen about 3:15 p.m. Friday near East 93rd Street and South Chappel Avenue.
Chicago Police fatally shot a motorist in south suburban East Hazel Crest on Tuesday evening after the man rammed a police vehicle while attempting to flee from undercover investigators, officials said.
Chicago police said officers shot and killed a man in south suburban East Hazel Crest on Tuesday, after the man rammed a police vehicle.
A Chicago police officer shot and killed a man who allegedly pointed a gun at police in the East Garfield Park neighborhood early Thursday morning.
Lake County police are investigating a possible officer-involved shooting in East Chicago that began Tuesday night with a traffic stop in the 4500 block of Euclid Avenue, Chief Mark Becker said Wednesday.
After holding up a Subway shop on the Near North Side, a robbery suspect fled the scene, and police chased him to Wicker Park, where he allegedly attempted to run over a police officer, prompting the officer to shoot him.
Roosevelt Hartman, 26, was charged with one count each of felony attempted murder, aggravated assault, aggravated battery to a peace officer and possession of a controlled substance.
The man was shot around 1:45 p.m. when he turned toward officers with a dark object in his hand, police officials said.
Police shot an armed man who allegedly pointed a gun at them early Wednesday, shortly after he also pulled a gun on his stepfather at an Englewood home, according to a police union official. It was the second police involved shooting in a 24-hour period.
Police chased and shot a 21-year-old man who pulled a gun in the South Shore neighborhood Monday morning, a police union spokesman said.
Police officers fired shots while chasing a gunman Monday afternoon in the Bronzeville neighborhood, just a couple blocks away from Chicago Police Headquarters.
A 28-year-old southwest side man was still in the hospital Saturday — as a judge set bond at $150,000 for charges stemming from his Thanksgiving Day attack on a CTA bus driver, its passengers and police officers.
A CTA passenger and bus driver were hospitalized Thursday evening after being attacked by another passenger, who Chicago Police shot and later Tased to subdue him.
The officer wasn’t hurt — nor was the driver in the 6:10 p.m. incident in the first block of East Walton Street police said.
The 20-year-old Maywood man was pronounced dead at Loyola University Medical Center a short time after an officer shot him once in the chest inside an apartment building about 4:30 p.m., authorities said.
A Chicago police officer shot and killed a man who allegedly pointed a gun at the officer during a chase in the Park Manor neighborhood Thursday afternoon.
A Chicago police officer was recovering Monday morning, after a man suspected of kidnapping his 2-year-old son struck the officer with his car on the West Side Sunday evening.
- 5 Dead, 15 Wounded In Weekend ViolenceFive people have been killed and at least 15 others wounded — including a 12-year-old boy left in critical condition — in shootings around the city since Friday night.130
- Woman Disputes Story Of Chicago Cop Who Shot Her DogTensions are boiling over in the Norwood Park neighborhood on Chicago's Northwest Side where an off-duty Chicago police officer shot and killed a dog, reports WBBM's Nancy Harty.189
- 3 Critically Hurt In Kennedy CrashThree people were critically injured in a crash on the Kennedy Expressway on the Northwest Side Sunday morning.271
- Woman Found Dead At O’HareA woman was found dead near a bus stop at O’Hare International Airport Saturday, authorities said.308
- Toddler Reunited With ParentsPolice on Sunday were looking for the parents or guardians of a little boy who was found in the West Side Douglas Park neighborhood.233
- A Dozen Illinoisans Come Within One Number Of $600M Powerball JackpotOne number in Saturday night’s Powerball drawing was the difference for a dozen Illinois players between being $10,000 richer and living the life of a multi-millionaire.404
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Rivers Casino’s Baseball Fever Giveaway May 1, 2013Get Baseball Fever at Rivers Casino Sundays & Tuesdays in May! You could win great prizes and up to $25,000. Plus print out the WILD CARD that can help you win even more!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!