McCarthy says he wants to talk with federal authorities about security at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in the wake of this week’s dramatic escape from the downtown facility.
Supt. Garry McCarthy says there is no need to worry about police trying to block social media used by demonstrators expected during the upcoming NATO/G8 summits in May.
Chicago Police Supt. Garry McCarthy found himself in the line of fire Monday, because of his decision to move more officers to patrol duty.
Violent crime is down as of the end of June but three areas of property crime have increased as compared with last June, police said preliminary statistics suggest.
There is still no word on the next career move for Jody Weis after his three years as Chicago’s police superintendent.
With another mob attack Tuesday night in the Gold Coast, and several more over the weekend, new Chicago Police Supt. Garry McCarthy has his hands full. He sat down with CBS 2 Chief Correspondent Jay Levine.
Acting police Supt. Garry McCarthy is promising to establish a gun offender registry in Chicago, something aldermen have wanted for some time.
A Chicago City Council committee on Monday approved Garry McCarthy, Mayor Emanuel’s choice for a new superintendent of police, and the full council is expected to confirm the selection on Wednesday.
As Rahm Emanuel assumed the Mayor’s Office on Monday, Garry McCarthy also assumed the role of acting police superintendent.
Some Chicago aldermen say Mayor-elect Rahm Emanuel’s choice for police superintendent, should have a relatively easy confirmation.
Newark, N.J., police director Garry McCarthy will be Chicago’s next police superintendent.
The Chicago Police Board has picked three finalists for a new superintendent, which would be narrowed down to two finalists when crossed with the four candidates picked by Mayor-elect Rahm Emanuel.
Two outsiders and a Chicago Police insider reportedly have the inside-track to become the next police superintendent.
Chicago Mayor-elect Rahm Emanuel reportedly has narrowed the list of police superintendent candidates to a handful, and it’s a mix of insiders and outsiders.
Mayor-elect Rahm Emanuel hopes to have his new police superintendent picked before he’s sworn in less than four weeks from now, and it appears the list of prime candidates is getting shorter.
More than 40 candidates have applied to become Chicago’s next police superintendent, officials said Tuesday.
Two weeks after Jody Weis stepped down as Chicago’s top cop, the Police Board has launched the application process for finding a new full-time police superintendent.
Rahm Emanuel said Thursday that he wants to have a full cabinet in place by the time he takes office as mayor of Chicago, including a new superintendent for the Chicago Police Department.
Mayor-elect Rahm Emanuel says he doesn’t want to waste any time in finding a new leader for the Chicago Police Department.
Jody Weis will be stepping down as Chicago’s top cop at the end of the day on Tuesday, the last day of his contract as Chicago police superintendent. Former top cop Terry Hillard will take his place.
- Three Stabbed On Northwest SideThree teenagers were stabbed in the Belmont Cragin area Thursday night on the Northwest Side.142
- Students Disciplined For ‘Sexting’ Incident At Evanston Township HighIn a letter to parents dated Thursday, District 202 Supt. Eric Witherspoon wrote that girls sent inappropriate photos to members of the varsity baseball team.265
- Cops Crack Down On Retailers Who Sell Stolen GoodsA new law in Illinois is allowing police and retailers to work together to crack down on organized retail theft. CBS 2's Mike Puccinelli reports.117
- Jury Sides With Donald Trump In Condo Dispute With Woman, 87A federal jury has sided with developer Donald Trump -- not the 87-year-old woman who says she was cheated financially after buying two condominiums at his Trump Tower project.1056
- VIDEO: Guard Allegedly Pushes Dunbar Student Down StairsAn employee at a public high school in the Bronzeville neighborhood has been taken off the job after being recorded on cell phone video pushing a girl down a set of stairs.408
- Concealed Carry Bill Moves To House Floor, But Senate ObjectsA concealed-carry gun deal brokered by House Speaker Michael Madigan cleared a House committee Thursday, but its prospects were unclear across the Capitol in the Senate because of the way it would curb existing local gun laws.165
- Benjamin Moore Which Team Colors Matter Most? May 24, 2013Which Team Colors matter most to you? Either way, you could be a winner! Just sign up now for a chance to win $500 Depot Dollars to the Chicago Sports Depot to pick up some gear with your favorite team colors as they battle it out this week!
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- RT @Millennium_Park: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole … 10 hours ago
- RT @ChicagoDCASE: Tomorrow morning see a LIVE preview of Dinosaur Petting Zoo on CBS 2 from Millennium Park @CBS2Chicago @VinceGerasole htt… 10 hours ago